Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rae Carruth Will Be Released From Prison In 2 Weeks

Chi-Town B

Mod Squad

Former Panthers receiver Rae Carruth will be released from prison on Oct. 22, less than 18 years after he was convicted for conspiracy to commit murder, shooting into an occupied vehicle and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child.

Carruth's ex-girlfriend Cherica Adams – who was seven months pregnant with Carruth's son – was shot while driving her BMW in Charlotte on Nov. 16, 1999. The shooter was hired by Carruth.

The third-year wide receiver was arrested for conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder, among other charges. When Adams died in Dec. 1999, one month after the shooting, Carruth was also charged with first-degree murder but was found not guilty.

Their son, Chancellor Lee Adams, will turn 19 in November.

Carruth spoke to WBTV in Charlotte in February, expressing his desire to form a relationship with Chancellor. The former wide receiver said he wishes to have custody of his son, who has been raised by his maternal grandmother, Saundra Adams, since birth.

“I should be raising my son," Carruth told WBTV via phone. "Ms. Adams should not be doing this and I want that responsibility back.”

In response to Carruth's interview, Saundra Adams told the Charlotte Observer, "I can say definitively [Carruth's] not ever going to have custody of Chancellor."

"Chancellor will be raised either by me or, after I’m gone, by someone else who loves him and who knows him," Adams continued. "He will never be raised by a stranger – someone he doesn’t know and who tried to kill him.”

18yrs isnt enuff imo.

Yall know the Booty Warrior been free like 2yrs now

CS1XyCDVEAAOe8S.jpg

that documentary I saw about how the shooting impacted his disabled son was hard to watch at times......dude need to be locked under the jail for that shit

had to look it up

thats crazy....ol boy aint wrapped tight at all

He just might be dealt with by someone in homegirls family. Either way karma will get that muthafucka.

that documentary I saw about how the shooting impacted his disabled son was hard to watch at times......dude need to be locked under the jail for that shit

Youtube? Netflix?

Former Panthers receiver Rae Carruth will be released from prison on Oct. 22, less than 18 years after he was convicted for conspiracy to commit murder, shooting into an occupied vehicle and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child.

Carruth's ex-girlfriend Cherica Adams – who was seven months pregnant with Carruth's son – was shot while driving her BMW in Charlotte on Nov. 16, 1999. The shooter was hired by Carruth.

The third-year wide receiver was arrested for conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder, among other charges. When Adams died in Dec. 1999, one month after the shooting, Carruth was also charged with first-degree murder but was found not guilty.

Their son, Chancellor Lee Adams, will turn 19 in November.

Carruth spoke to WBTV in Charlotte in February, expressing his desire to form a relationship with Chancellor. The former wide receiver said he wishes to have custody of his son, who has been raised by his maternal grandmother, Saundra Adams, since birth.

“I should be raising my son," Carruth told WBTV via phone. "Ms. Adams should not be doing this and I want that responsibility back.”

In response to Carruth's interview, Saundra Adams told the Charlotte Observer, "I can say definitively [Carruth's] not ever going to have custody of Chancellor."

"Chancellor will be raised either by me or, after I’m gone, by someone else who loves him and who knows him," Adams continued. "He will never be raised by a stranger – someone he doesn’t know and who tried to kill him.”

This nigga is terrible wtf he think he deserve custody when he got the mom killed?

His son looks JUST like him. What a dann shame
He should be doing life

Fuck this dude I hope someone offs him just like he did his sons mother

Youtube? Netflix?

It was on ESPN about a year ago..........I just searched Youtube but couldn't find anything on that one.....I liked it because they focused on the negative impact that he inflicted on the woman's family and child. HBO Real Sports ran a story on him and his grandmother several years ago but can't find the whole segment online:

I see a lot of y'all don't realize judges, lawyers, and top law enforcement are pedophiles and don't see kids as worth shit. I live in a city where a man got convicted of raping his child in the hospital AFTER IT WAS BORN. Article ran in the newspaper as front page article. A MONTH LATER he was released. Article in the back of the paper in small blurb. A technicality or not, buddy should've been shot in the fucking head on sight.

Buuuuuuuut that's how it goes. You'll do 450503 years for a brick of weed, but you can fuck kids up, kill them, and more and be home with productive years left in your life. The fact this nigga coming home at all doesn't even shock me.

Reactions: 1/2
Back