Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE Race

21GunSalute

Goodmorning ABW

I got on the curiosity train this morning to find out information on the demographics of America via Wikipedia.

And then I get to this gem:

White: a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as "White" or report entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Egyptian, Persian, Lebanese, Arab, Moroccan, or Caucasian.

Saudi Arabs are White? Egyptians too? This make Iranians white too? Nah son, they sandy brown to me ......What your thoughts?

Sidenote:
The United States Census Bureau collects racial data in accordance with guidelines provided by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and these data are based on self-identification. Many other countries count multiple races based on origin while America compiles multiple dozens of ethnicity groups into skin color grouping them together.

The OMB is headed by Mick Mulvaney.

Based on what you posted, they don't consider "Arab" a race and lump Arabs with Whites.

If this is true, the majority of people in America aren't White.

the whole concept of race is some bullshit.

Unfortunately, the devil says, "we are all one people and we shouldn't judge people by their skin color or ethnicity, we should judge people by the content of their character". In the meanwhile, statistics clearly show that unarmed Black men are much, much more likely to be killed by White male police officers than the reverse scenario. The prisons are disproportionately filled with Black and Brown people. Black people are more likely to be denied for a loan at a bank and when a judge sentences a criminal, a Black person is more likely to get a harsher sentence than a White person that committed the same crime.

All of this racism is playing out right in front of our faces and we're supposed to forget race like it doesn't exist?

Unfortunately, the devil says, "we are all one people and we shouldn't judge people by their skin color or ethnicity, we should judge people by the content of their character". In the meanwhile, statistics clearly show that unarmed Black men are much, much more likely to be killed by White male police officers than the reverse scenario. The prisons are disproportionately filled with Black and Brown people. Black people are more likely to be denied for a loan at a bank and when a judge sentences a criminal, a Black person is more likely to get a harsher sentence than a White person that committed the same crime.

All of this racism is playing out right in front of our faces and were supposed to forget race like it doesn't exist?

I'm saying on a fundamental level the whole concept of race is bullshit and has no basis in science.

Goodmorning ABW

I got on the curiosity train this morning to find out information on the demographics of America via Wikipedia.

And then I get to this gem:

White: a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as "White" or report entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Egyptian, Persian, Lebanese, Arab, Moroccan, or Caucasian.

Saudi Arabs are White? Egyptians too? This make Iranians white too? Nah son, they sandy brown to me ......What your thoughts?

Sidenote:
The United States Census Bureau collects racial data in accordance with guidelines provided by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and these data are based on self-identification. Many other countries count multiple races based on origin while America compiles multiple dozens of ethnicity groups into skin color grouping them together.

The OMB is headed by Mick Mulvaney.
Ill sum your answer up.. we all need to submit this form to identify our ethnicity.. the census is a collect of data but is only as accurate as the ethnicities it lists

https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf181.pdf

check this out and let me know what you think..this is a real form and technically needs to be filled out from everyone!
-holla back

Back