Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Quincy Jones Edition: Top 3 Songs Without MJ?

Where the hits at?

giphy.gif

@Goldie

:hahaha:

One thing you gotta realise is ... Quincy Jones was originally a jazz musician and producer... Also an orchestral conductor

In his early career he produced for the likes of Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra...

He produced a lot of movie scores too in the 60s to early 70s and that caught the attention of Mike ... Who was obviously into movies himself (Q scored The Wizard of Oz)

Obviously Q didn't work on a lot of pop records or artistes but ...

That trilogy of albums for Michael alone is worth a whole discography of most people's careers... Those three albums were Michael's best work as a solo artiste

@Goldie

:hahaha:

One thing you gotta realise is ... Quincy Jones was originally a jazz musician and producer... Also an orchestral conductor

In his early career he produced for the likes of Ray Charles and Frank Sinatra...

He produced a lot of movie scores too in the 60s to early 70s and that caught the attention of Mike ... Who was obviously into movies himself (Q scored The Wizard of Oz)

Obviously Q didn't work on a lot of pop records or artistes but ...

That trilogy of albums for Michael alone is worth a whole discography of most people's careers... Those three albums were Michael's best work as a solo artiste

barbershop-coming.gif

Everytime we talk about Quincy Jones yall bring up Frank Sinatra. The shit Quincy cooked up for Sinatra is equivalent to a producer bragging about working on Nastradamus. Yea you worked with Nas.... but it's Nastradamus lol

barbershop-coming.gif

Everytime we talk about Quincy Jones yall bring up Frank Sinatra. The shit Quincy cooked up for Sinatra is equivalent to a producer bragging about working on Nastradamus. Yea you worked with Nas.... but it's Nastradamus lol

What happened with Q and Mike is the equivalent of say Kanye hiring Jon Brion to cook up Late Registration... No more no less

Calling up another master in a different genre to spice up your shit ...

Q not producing much outside Michael Jackson is not a problem for me... Them three albums alone turned Mike into the biggest entertainer the world has ever known

Just like Pele (rip.) winning three World Cups ... None before... None after

What happened with Q and Mike is the equivalent of say Kanye hiring Jon Brion to cook up Late Registration... No more no less

Calling up another master in a different genre to spice up your shit ...

Q not producing much outside Michael Jackson is not a problem for me... Them three albums alone turned Mike into the biggest entertainer the world has ever known

Just like Pele (rip.) winning three World Cups ... None before... None after

Nah fam. I can name atleast 30 well know songs from MJ, before and after Quincy. Quincy can't say the same. Then when you add the fact that MJ co-produced the majority of the 3 projects.... Shit aint adding up.

Nah fam. I can name atleast 30 well know songs from MJ, before and after Quincy. Quincy can't say the same. Then when you add the fact that MJ co-produced the majority of the 3 projects.... Shit aint adding up.

Naming 30 Mike Jack songs is easy...

But I'm basing my argument on quality than quantity...

If you watched Q's documentary on Netflix... when Dr. Dre visits his crib and sees all the plaques and pictures on the wall and was visibly humbled

And that's a behemoth like Dr. Dre being in awe of another producer's achievements

Using the same arguments name me 10 hits from your favourite jazz musician/producer if you can

Naming 30 Mike Jack songs is easy...

But I'm basing my argument on quality than quantity...

If you watched Q's documentary on Netflix... when Dr. Dre visits his crib and sees all the plaques and pictures on the wall and was visibly humbled

And that's a behemoth like Dr. Dre being in awe of another producer's achievements

Using the same arguments name me 10 hits from your favourite jazz musician/producer if you can

And all of those plaques probably had MJ's name on em lol

All 30 of the MJ songs I'd name would be high quality classic records, from Never Can Say Goodbye to Remember The Time.

Yall can't do the same for Quincy. A lot of yall say he's The Goat and can't name 5 songs without MJ.

I grew up putting Quincy on the pedestal too, until I started putting discographies side by side. Off the strength of MJ, he might be top 10.

Last edited:
I think it’s a generational thing Sinatra and Ray Charles don’t ring off to 30 year old as it would to 60 year olds

Nah, you can list mad Temptations and James Brown songs we know, he just aint got shit lol

Back