Welcome To aBlackWeb

Question is this fair.......

Is it fair or not?

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 96.6%

• Total voters
As the parent of a daughter I would just hate for her to be in the position where she has trained for years to be the best at something, only to lose to someone who was competing against men a year ago

oh pls rubato.

i doubt thats even a real fear of yours, seeing as tho
after two years of HRT, transgender women athletic ability is fairly equivalent to cisgender women.

is your daughter training for wwe or something?

oh pls rubato.

i doubt thats even a real fear of yours, seeing as tho
after two years of HRT, transgender women athletic ability is fairly equivalent to cisgender women.

is your daughter training for wwe or something?

She can train for whatever interests her

Are HS track and field athletes required to wait 2 yrs to compete?

And a 12% advantage in a race is massive

plus it wouldnt be an issue if each athlete was tested on an individual basis and if trans youth could transition early so they didn't go through cis puberty. but you people don't understand that do you??? just collective punishment for all trans ppl

or heres an idea, why not check the hormone levels of every athlete (cis women can have elevated T for example) and divide by height and weight rather than birth gender. some trans girls take hormone blockers and will not go through puberty

canceling out this whole argument

But what about the let them cook culture?

This is what boils when you let them cook.

#barz

plus it wouldnt be an issue if each athlete was tested on an individual basis and if trans youth could transition early so they didn't go through cis puberty. but you people don't understand that do you??? just collective punishment for all trans ppl

or heres an idea, why not check the hormone levels of every athlete (cis women can have elevated T for example) and divide by height and weight rather than birth gender. some trans girls take hormone blockers and will not go through puberty

canceling out this whole argument

I don’t think high schools or the UIL are set up to monitor hormone levels...I may be wrong

12% is fucking massive and that’s the ones that’s on hormones. The ones that’s not. That’s a whole different ball game

12% is fucking massive and that’s the ones that’s on hormones. The ones that’s not. That’s a whole different ball game

but you do recognize the flaws in the study?

it was on transgender men and women in the military. you dont know when they started HRT and im sure their bodies are different than those playing on the HS level

ppl have to unpack their transphobia because the topic deserves way more nuance than whats been given

Agreed there should be more nuance.. on both sides of the argument.

Just because someone may not want their child competing against a trans person that might have an unfair advantage depending on the situation doesnt mean there is transphobia there. There may be some legitimate concerns that shouldnt just be written off by calling someone transphobic for questioning it. Nuance needs to be given on both sides

It's unfair. If the point of being trans is you were essentially born in the wrong body then a trans woman acknowledges that her body is male. In a sport where male bodies have an advantage over a female body the trans people should play with the gender of their body Bruce Jenner style.

Agreed there should be more nuance.. on both sides of the argument.

Just because someone may not want their child competing against a trans person that might have an unfair advantage depending on the situation doesnt mean there is transphobia there. There may be some legitimate concerns that shouldnt just be written off by calling someone transphobic for questioning it. Nuance needs to be given on both sides

nah a large percentage of ppl are transphobic. just read the replies in this thread.

i debate about these kinds of these things on social media, panels and podcast.

anti societal attitudes/norms towards trans persons is what drives these discussions not geniune concern for cisgender athletes

nah a large percentage of ppl are transphobic. just read the replies in this thread.

i debate about these kinds of these things on social media, panels and podcast.

anti societal attitudes/norms towards trans persons is what drives these discussions not geniune concern for cisgender athletes

What post in here says transphobic

science has come a long way from this idea that men are better athletes because of their biological makeup.

plus strength can be defined in many ways

Men are better athletes.

You can’t show one thing that says other wise

Back