Cause I've been there myself
A time or two
Still, life goes on

If you just keep holding on
So many things to survive
Once you realize
There's no such place as paradise

At least in my eyes"

i was on the fence with my faith for a long time...some of the things mentioned in here are why

today i'll admit i have days when i question things, but I have a much better feeling and understanding of what im doing for my family

i see the difference in people with faith vs people without it.....including myself

and there's just way more good then any harm being done as far as I can see

Most use Jesus as an excuse to feel better about your situation, I just use the "lifes a bitch" saying and just handle the L's recieved and set up the next possible win. Only you can change your lane, jesus wont.
I think that's what was meant by 'they honor me with their lips'.. spoiler alert, they don't get into heaven either. You have to embody the way 'he' lived. Dont lie ever. (Someone long time ago on the old forum said "being honest keeps you honest") good ass philosophy. Solid af too. Dont harm others(emotionally, physically, mentally or spiritually). Dont steal. Dont cheat ppl, etc.

'Jesus' said if you follow 'that way' you will have come out the world. Because no group shall have you. You wander a lonely path guided by 'god' in the dark trusting that being more jesus like is the ultimate goal one should pursue. Only you can save yourself.

For those that donā€™t believe in Jesus, when youā€™re at your lowest or it seems like nothing is going right or youā€™re questioning everything about yourself, where do you get your faith or will to overcome it?

What gives you hope? Where do you get your moral code to live by?

Anything can give you hope. You can find hope in alcohol if youā€™d like.

Moral code doesnā€™t come from a belief in Jesus or a religion. Itā€™s ingrained in us, but by whom? How is it we have a ā€œcodeā€ in us? What does a code require? A coder, correct?

Anything can give you hope. You can find hope in alcohol if youā€™d like.

Moral code doesnā€™t come from a belief in Jesus or a religion. Itā€™s ingrained in us, but by whom? How is it we have a ā€œcodeā€ in us? What does a code require? A coder, correct?
Yes God.

I believe in myself. I can't rely on the supernatural to solve my problems. I don't believe in prayer because for example, there are children starving and being sex trafficked as we type. Moreover, there are children who have not yet been sex trafficked who will be in the future and no amount of preemptive prayer will stop that

With as much access as we have to information nowadays i seriously dont see how ppl still following religion. I mean, unless you're choosing to completely ignore history & the facts that is.

For those that donā€™t believe in Jesus, when youā€™re at your lowest or it seems like nothing is going right or youā€™re questioning everything about yourself, where do you get your faith or will to overcome it?

What gives you hope? Where do you get your moral code to live by?

I have patience and I know bad times donā€™t last long.

I get my moral code from my parents for the most part. Itā€™s not hard to be a good person.

Back