Welcome To aBlackWeb

Im going to be in the minority and probably the only person who feels this way but this movie is a let down and just another way to capitalize off the Black Lives Matter aesthetic. I can see why most people will like this movie because I don't think people will look past surface level shit but Its pretty shallow and pretentious. All that build up and the payoff was
"They get caught and worst sold out by another black man"
The payoff wasn't worth it and was a waste. Especially in today's climate, the director could have went the opposite route. It wouldn't have been taking a risk. In a way this movie makes me appreciate Get Out even more.

I do think it's sad that we can't ever win, rarely do our stories end without tragedy.

Don't get me wrong, I think it was a great film, (Bokeem Woodbine was my favorite character) but we shouldn't need film to express to the masses that we have humanity, that we feel, hurt, laugh, cry, smile etc just like everyone else does.

Really that's why Black Panthee was basically a phenomenon because it showed us in a light that isn't one of subservience or with us being a victim in some way.

Im going to be in the minority and probably the only person who feels this way but this movie is a let down and just another way to capitalize off the Black Lives Matter aesthetic. I can see why most people will like this movie because I don't think people will look past surface level shit but Its pretty shallow and pretentious. All that build up and the payoff was
The payoff wasn't worth it and was a waste. Especially in today's climate, the director could have went the opposite route. It wouldn't have been taking a risk. In a way this movie makes me appreciate Get Out even more.
Lmao my nigga I was at the movies cracking up the entire movie....this movie is an expose on what not to do when you on the run lmao low key she ruined that nigga life for nothing.....the chick is an attorney take the ticket even let the nigga get locked and do ur fucking job.....then it just gets dumber and dumber once they go on the run

I agree it should of had a diff ending, everyboy called the ending as soon as they seen the previews, good movie but just knowing what the end result would be took away a bit from it,for me anyway

Its the movie she wanted to make but will watch Power in different iterations.. everything doesn't have to be a thing...

it wasnt even really heavy handed with BLM but if it wasnt why is that a thing that causes derision

Its the movie she wanted to make but will watch Power in different iterations.. everything doesn't have to be a thing...

it wasnt even really heavy handed with BLM but if it wasnt why is that a thing that causes derision

I'm not sure if we was watching the same film it was one of the most common threads throughout.

Lmao my nigga I was at the movies cracking up the entire movie....this movie is an expose on what not to do when you on the run lmao low key she ruined that nigga life for nothing.....the chick is an attorney take the ticket even let the nigga get locked and do ur fucking job.....then it just gets dumber and dumber once they go on the run
I mean if you think about it........you're right.

Take the ticket and or get homie out of jail. I think niggas is looking at the love story/fight the power aspect of this movie but reality shorty a lawyer she'll get you out of the charge

You actually maybe on to something....

Ehh I've seen this take all over the place and others mad it wasn't not made to inspire them or whatever.

The movie was about the journey

When i saw the preview i was as little excited to see it but Damn after reading this thread I feel like I need to wait till it hit tvone

Obviously Skillz got ""off code"" by giving his honest opinion and criticism about the film. IMO valid points and concerns about Hollywood turning black trauma into a genre,even more so. He mentioned the original idea for the film was by a white guy (I forget his name). He urged people NOT to support or see this movie because of this. He said he would NEVER support anything she or the director is apart of in the future

And then later that evening he got a call from """Lena Waithe"" and suddenly changed his entire stance on the film. He all for it now! It's great! A masterpiece! A tour de force of cinematic artistry!

Back