Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Prenups - Yay or Nay?

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
What are your thoughts on prenuptial agreements or marriage contracts?

Fellas/Ladies - Would you be offended if your fiance wanted one for your relationship or marriage?

Basically with a prenup, you or preferably you and your spouse(s) create the trems of your marriage/union and even the terms of your potential separation (which makes me wonder if writing down your potential separation may be a catalyst to it... I digress...) But anyway is this a good thing or is it better to just have the courts handle all that drama if necessary?

Prenup or nah?

Prenups are useless.

They get thrown out all the time.

No more than a false sense of security.

All a woman has to do is claim "duress"...........and it's a wrap.

Situational at best.

If you're not worth a couple million off top and have business holdings that your marriage can impact other partners or investors it is just a false sense of security like old homie said.

First I'm fairly certain they're expensive as fuck. Especially if you expect them to actually hold up.

Secondly if your mindset going into a marriage is so focused on what you might lose that you gotta present extra contracts...I gotta question your commitment.

If you're not willing to go all in..... Then I question how dedicated you are too the task at hand.

Marriage is not essential in every relationship . It does not have to be an ultimate goal. And is definitely not for everybody.

So if you are apprehensive enough to feel paranoid about not getting one.... My opinion is maybe this marriage step ain't the next move.

I personally feel that telling your lady you not ready yet is much more understandable than I don't want you having access to my shit if this don't work out

Didn't I tell you first?

giphy.gif

Situational at best.

If you're not worth a couple million off top and have business holdings that your marriage can impact other partners or investors it is just a false sense of security like old homie said.

First I'm fairly certain they're expensive as fuck. Especially if you expect them to actually hold up.

Secondly if your mindset going into a marriage is so focused on what you might lose that you gotta present extra contracts...I gotta question your commitment.

If you're not willing to go all in..... Then I question how dedicated you are too the task at hand.

Marriage is not essential in every relationship . It does not have to be an ultimate goal. And is definitely not for everybody.

So if you are apprehensive enough to feel paranoid about not getting one.... My opinion is maybe this marriage step ain't the next move.

I personally feel that telling your lady you not ready yet is much more understandable than I don't want you having access to my shit if this don't work out
this is assuming an off the shelf deal. a good prenup considers the couples situations, assets, potential or existing kids etc. the idea that prenups are for rich people or to protect only one party is damaging af

a marriage is already a contract. if you were truly about going all in, you wouldn't need the state involved in private matters but you are. why not at least make the financial side of marriage a lil more personalized?

I don't think I could seriously discuss marriage of someone views it as entering a contracted agreement. Finances have never been a determining factor in my relationships before, so I see no need to place that much importance on them at this stage.

I get it, it's just not for me. So as for my personal opinion in my life and marriage, i'd be turned off at the idea of making it that important. But that's me.

Now If that's you and your potential spouse shared the same view on it, then by all means that would be an ideal arrangement for you guys.

However I approached it from a more traditional and spiritual/religious standpoint. I'm not saying one is over the other, I just don't particularly see the appeal in looking at it like business.

"Bringing the state in" isn't something that's of much concern to me, because my commitment isn't to the state. My agreement is between my wife and God. That's the perspective I approach it from. Everything else like signing liscences and what not are circumstantial. It holds no significance to me, and isn't even a after thought.

It's kinda like getting a driver's licence. The goal imo isn't the license... It's being able to drive. I didn't look to get married for any of the contractual benefits or whatever, so again those things don't interest me.

I got married because I felt I could build a happy life with this person. If for any reason this don't work out...I really don't give a shit what I lost financially. I lost my wife. Everything else is meaningless.

She can take all my shit,

It's only like .55 in savings and a bunch of credit card debt...

Take it all

:cry:

Back