Welcome To aBlackWeb

Infamous114

305 🇳🇮
Mod Squad
20240405_100505.jpg

Poolman tells the story of Darren Barrenman (Chris Pine), a native Los Angeleno who spends his days looking after the pool of the Tahitian Tiki apartment block and fighting to make his hometown a better place to live. When he is tasked by a femme fatale to uncover the truth behind a shady business deal, Darren enlists the help of his friends to take on a corrupt politician and a greedy land developer. His investigation reveals a hidden truth about his beloved city and himself.​

Last edited:
I was amused an laughed a bit at some of the banter and how kooky and quirky some of the characters were in this movie about Darren a poolman who gets mixed up in city hall corruption. He reminds me of those skateboarders who show up at city council meetings to demand that their skateboard sites wont be replaced by a McDonald's. Some fun things are done stylishly blending clothing and cars from different time periods. The movie runs out of steam fast as things become sillier and characters become extremely obnoxious,and i could barely make sense of the script. It's trying to be The Big Lebowski, Bowfinger and a parody of bumbling detective films but never quite reaches those heights.The last 40 minutes were a chore for me to get through as I found myself not caring much. How first time Director Chris Pine was able to assemble so much talent for this is beyond me.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 3

Back