Welcome To aBlackWeb

Polyamorous relationships and families

People are more open to poly relationships in America. I'm wonder what type of family dynamics would come into play. Would you start a family while in a poly relationship? Would you bring a kid from previous relationship into that situation?

I wldn't enter a poly situation personally.

I've known of people in it tho, one had the third partner move into their home for a few months. They told the kids that they're just a friend looking for a place to stay. they largely kept their poly sex life separate from the kids, altho I'm not sure how that truly played out considering the eldest was 14 n probably not as clueless as they thot.

it seems like there's more room for error than not when it comes to polyamory when kids r in the mix, cuz especially school age kids. thats when they ask questions like why do I have 2 dads and 3 moms n feel like outsiders.

It's the old testament brought to forefront before the new testament was around this was a natural practice. Just watch a lion pride and how it works.

It's a natural thing, but for me it I wouldn't want to partake in it.

what's considered love today just wouldn't allow it...

like Race said, in theory it sounds fine, but in practice a lotta ego and pride will get in the way....

if i wasn't in love with any of my wives, i think i could make it work..

what's considered love today just wouldn't allow it...

like Race said, in theory it sounds fine, but in practice a lotta ego and pride will get in the way....

if i wasn't in love with any of my wives, i think i could make it work..
if u didnt love ur wife, cld u share her?

if u didnt love ur wife, cld u share her?
short answer no....

long answer...

if i didn't love her like i do now, i prolly wouldn't be with her.........

if i was going to live a polygamous lifestyle, i'm sure my entire approach is going to be targeted towards personality types that would work best with it....

her as she is now, i can't see her wanting being a part of that....

the whole reason i said if i wasn't in love i could do polygamy is because i've been in situations before where there was no real love or emotional connect, but was still able to function quite efficiently as if there was....i imagine it just being a co-habitat type scenario where a bunch of folk live together and operate as a team.....

short answer no....

long answer...

if i didn't love her like i do now, i prolly wouldn't be with her.........

if i was going to live a polygamous lifestyle, i'm sure my entire approach is going to be targeted towards personality types that would work best with it....

her as she is now, i can't see her wanting being a part of that....

the whole reason i said if i wasn't in love i could do polygamy is because i've been in situations before where there was no real love or emotional connect, but was still able to function quite efficiently as if there was....i imagine it just being a co-habitat type scenario where a bunch of folk live together and operate as a team.....
My bad, didn't mean ur specific wife but a hypothetical one. wld u be able to share a woman u were with with other men (assuming u didnt love her)?

if it's a co-habitat scenario where ppl operate as a team, wldn't that just be a commune? polyamory has to have either love or sex involved in an ongoing relationship

My bad, didn't mean ur specific wife but a hypothetical one. wld u be able to share a woman u were with with other men (assuming u didnt love her)?

if it's a co-habitat scenario where ppl operate as a team, wldn't that just be a commune? polyamory has to have either love or sex involved in an ongoing relationship
the way i understand love, i don't think it could work then......

and also i wouldn't feel comfortable in a living situation where i shared a woman with another man....

If @DS_ and I would have met prior to having our first set of children we would have considered it for a time and then nixed it when it was time to have children.

Our children are the main reason why we do not bring our "fun" home with us.

It's hard enough trying to teach them the ways of the world BEFORE the TV, Friends at school, Internet or teachers flood them with images, words, and SH*T they really shouldn't know at this age, let alone trying to explain to them that daddy has 2 wives.

I wouldn't mind it. However, I would imagine it's a handful for the man to deal with. Especially if she is anything like myself.

But once we rid the house of kiddos and begin our worldly travels, I'm sure we will find another wife for us.

By that time, the kiddos are grown and know all about the perverseness of this world. and now their parents hahaha.

Back