Welcome To aBlackWeb

Police officer tries to arrest Black man he wrongly identified

I would like to see the picture, supposedly the man in the photo is in his 50’s w locs. While the officer was wrong, and thankfully nothing escalated, the man should’ve shown his ID to prove he wasn’t the man in the warrant photo.

I would like to see the picture, supposedly the man in the photo is in his 50’s w locs. While the officer was wrong, and thankfully nothing escalated, the man should’ve shown his ID to prove he wasn’t the man in the warrant photo.

I'll explain it to you the same way I explained it to a white dude I was discussing this with. If a cop came up in your yard while you were minding your business, called you the wrong name, and tried to arrest you, would you take anything he requested in good faith? We can all say that he should have shown his ID when watching from the sidelines. However, it's pretty clear that in the situation, he thought the cop was out to get him and that an ID wouldn't help that. We've seen people get killed for getting their ID as instructed by the police. This man pretty much said that he wasn't going to end up like that.

Nah bruh...

...I'm on my damn property and you come up talkin' some bullshit? Fuck outta here nigga I aint showin you shit...

...plus in TX you ain't gotta show ID unless you gettin' arrested, so the law was behind him...

...niggas can't even walk they dogs tho - crazy...

...homie handled that shit much better than I woulda - my mouth woulda got me fucked up that day.

No

I would agree had the office been threatening and aggressive. The officer here just asked for it, wife or whomever that was could’ve given the ID to the cop and cleared it up instantly. At the end of the day, though, it is the police that’s at fault, don’t get me wrong, but this could’ve been deaded w humiliation easily.

I know no one will agree and that’s not an issue. I’m just sharing an opinion on how I think it could’ve just been shut down immediately. He has every right to be angered and yell whatever he pleases, that officer deserved to be shit on.

I would agree had the office been threatening and aggressive. The officer here just asked for it, wife or whomever that was could’ve given the ID to the cop and cleared it up instantly. At the end of the day, though, it is the police that’s at fault, don’t get me wrong, but this could’ve been deaded w humiliation easily.

How is it not aggressive when the cop was grabbing him by the arm and trying to forcefully arrest him? lol Physical contact is the definition of aggression. The cop could have easily just talked to the man like a human being and the truth would have been revealed pretty quickly. I can't believe anyone would defend this incident. What would you do if a cop came in your yard, called you the wrong name, and tried to arrest you out of the blue?

How is it not aggressive when the cop was grabbing him by the arm and trying to forcefully arrest him? lol Physical contact is the definition of aggression. The cop could have easily just talked to the man like a human being and the truth would have been revealed pretty quickly. I can't believe anyone would defend this incident. What would you do if a cop came in your yard, called you the wrong name, and tried to arrest you out of the blue?

physicality can be determined as aggressive, I can see that, but we can also judge based on the demeanor of the cop... he was very calm, he didn’t have his gun out, he wasn’t screaming or angry, but yeah, he did have his arm, but the man was able to move fairly well.

we are at this point.

The cop has wrongfully identified this man. The cop has absolutely profiled him.

The man has every right to be angry. He can yell all he wants, it’s deserved in this situation.

but when he said can u give me ID and he refuses, that kind of stuff happens on the regular and most of the time it’s because the officer is right (he wasn’t here this time)

ok, Officer, I’ll give u my damn ID. someone could get it from in the house or the cop could’ve taken the wallet from his pocket had he had it on him... the man wouldn’t have been shot, I don’t see that in this video like I do in every other video...

for example, the police officer who just shot that woman, THAT cop was also in the wrong... dealing w warrants, you need backup, and dealing w someone whom U know who has mental issues, u know u need backup... the way that video played out, it was clear that the cop was going to end up either beating her or shooting her...

I don’t see that here. Had the ID just been given up, it would’ve been done, and the kids would’ve not been going through 3 minutes of confusion.

To answer ur question, I think it’s clear I would’ve given the cop my ID. I’m not trying to argue or waste my time w someone’s ignorance. If I know I’m right then I will absolutely prove that. I dislike cops, if u believe that or not, because they’re very untrustworthy and they’re killers, but I ain’t trying to catch any beat down or bullets. I have a family, I can’t afford to fight w a cop who’s armed w a gun, taser, baton, dogs and backup.

At the end of the day tho, nothing happened that harmed anyone and the cop looks dumb as fuck. He definitely deserves a punishment and we know that won’t happen.

We have different lenses my dude, all I am trying to say is trying to defuse a situation is much better than escalating, had this cop been someone else this could’ve gone horribly wrong and all over mistaken identity and the refusal to clear up the mistaken identity, I just feel that this kind of response gives them more power to do what they want...

All cop has to do was run the info look at the fucking photo and get the fuck out but as per usual he was power tripping

Once the cops verified he was wrong, I would have told him to remove his hands from my person in the next 3 seconds before I legally put him thru the fucking concrete.

It is Texas after all....

Hint hint.

We have different lenses my dude, all I am trying to say is trying to defuse a situation is much better than escalating, had this cop been someone else this could’ve gone horribly wrong and all over mistaken identity and the refusal to clear up the mistaken identity, I just feel that this kind of response gives them more power to do what they want...

Yes, the black man behaving more calmly might have been for the better. However, Philando Castille was calm and he was still killed. If you're in your yard minding your own business and a cop comes and falsely IDs you and tries to arrest you, you're going to have a reaction. It might not be the best reaction, but the cop is the one wrong in that situation, so no one should be blaming that black man for how he reacted to being violated.

Back