Police Investigate Beating of 1-Year-Old at a Day Care That Left Him Hospitalized

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Apr 4, 2017
An Indiana mother was outraged to find her 1-year-old son with a swollen and bloody face after he was beaten at his day care earlier this week.

Tiffany Griffin said she could hear her child, Jesse Harris IV, screaming when she went to pick him up from day care on Monday afternoon, reported local news. Staff from the day care called the mother hours after she dropped off Jesse and her other son.

Griffin took Jesse to a hospital following the incident, where he was treated for his injuries. "Now I gotta be a stay at home mom and not do the thing I want to do to advance in life to give them the best in order to make sure they're taken care of and not neglected," she said.

Aaron Hamer, an Indianapolis Police spokesman, confirmed that detectives are investigating the incident but said no arrests have been made.

Haben Ghebremichael, the owner of the day care, explained to Associated Press that another toddler attacked Jesse shortly after he was dropped off. Upon seeing the scrap, Ghebremichael said an employee quickly separated the two children but the damage had already been done

Ghebremichael admitted that although the particular 2-year-old did act out on occasion, the “extent of the injuries” left the staffers shocked.

3a28d3d324958cf777907dd5179b1997

31682548_10211453811522789_9067320340094386176_n
Tiffany Griffin's one-year-old son was hospitalized after an incident occurred at his day care on Monday. Facebook/Tiffany Griffin " data-reactid="31" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Tiffany Griffin's one-year-old son was hospitalized after an incident occurred at his day care on Monday. Facebook/Tiffany Griffin

However, Griffin said she doesn’t believe that Jesse’s injuries were inflicted by the 2-year-old girl, whom she said is small and “didn’t look like she was the violent type.”

Griffin said the girl’s mother cried and claimed her “baby wouldn’t do anything like that” when she was shown a photo of Jesse's battered face.

After news broke of the incident on Tuesday, Ghebremichael closed the day care following harassing phone calls. She is unsure when it will reopen again.

"Kiddiegarden has never had any accusations of abuse or maltreatment from any of our children or parents. This was truly a sad, shocking and unfortunate event."

i think some of you guys are underestimating how easy it is to lump up a baby.

of course a toddler could have done that and done it fast. it sucks but it's also really good that it wasn't way worse.

Reactions: Playboy buddy rose
I have a toddler at home when she plays rough with my cousin's kid (another toddler) it NEVER comes close to seeming that brutal. Not even a bruise. That lady is full of shit and the mom was right on to pop her in the face.

i think some of you guys are underestimating how easy it is to lump up a baby.

of course a toddler could have done that and done it fast. it sucks but it's also really good that it wasn't way worse

Not with their hands. They would need a lincoln log or something to do the kinda damage that poor child has.

Yea all workers at that daycare would have been pistol whipped til someone snitched on who put hands on my child. Ain't no fucking toddler doing damage like that.

Yall underestiming how a daycare works.

Sometime kids that maybe 1 to 3 years older end up being around a 2 year.

And yes, my son is 5 years and could lump up a 2 year up like that in 30 seconds. Hell I see him black a kid eye and got his own nose bloody from his lil cousin that is 3 (fat) when my son was laying down watching TV.

I told him to keep his head on a swivel. He want to destroy his lil cousin but only pushed him down like 3 times.

Reactions: SneakDZA
I couldn't imagine a toddler being capable of lumping up another child to that magnitude unless said child used a toy as a weapon

Actually, in my experience it is most definitely possible for a toddler to do that type of damage HOWEVER that would be from multiple hits which means someone is lying because the first hit would’ve had that baby crying. Either the worker did it or she ignored that baby crying.

I don't know if a toddler can do that type damage. If that is in fact the case. The list of people getting fucked up are the daycare owner, the employee(s) who was supposed to be looking after my child's group and the parents of the child who did that to my child.

Yep im finding out where the staff live and settin their house on fire while they sleep