Welcome To aBlackWeb

Pimp C almost turned down a Jay Z feature because his love for Tupac "Big Pimpin"

Don Dada

“When that first call came from JAY-Z, we were at the house in Atlanta, and [Pimp C] looked up at the wall. And he just stared at the picture. And I’m like, ‘What are you doing?’ And he said, ‘I’m thinking what would 2Pac do right now? And 2Pac wouldn’t want me to fuck with him. That’s why I said, I’m not coming to New
York.”

Bun continued. “And Pimp C did not want to fuck with people that 2Pac did not fuck with, because he thought 2Pac was the best judge of character.”

Bun B: Pimp C Told Jay Z The TV Ain't Got No Temperature and walked out of the room, Jay Looked At Me And Said Your Brother a fucking star

Pimp c end up giving Jay 8 bars

Last edited:
Are you serious rn.

I assumed that story was common knowledge

Bun told it several times.

200.gif

A better thread would beg the question….. is there a better guest verse on a jayz album because I can’t think of one. Only one in that league is renegade, and ironically… Nas made that iconic. Beans on do it again was crazy too, I remember when we heard it we was like hol up who the fuck is that?

A better thread would beg the question….. is there a better guest verse on a jayz album because I can’t think of one. Only one in that league is renegade, and ironically… Nas made that iconic.
Jadakiss on Reservoir Dogs
DMX on Money, Cash, Hoes
Jaz-O on Nigga What, Nigga Who
Beans on Do It Again
BIG on Brooklyn’s Finest
Nas on Success

Jadakiss on Reservoir Dogs
DMX on Money, Cash, Hoes
Jaz-O on Nigga What, Nigga Who
Beans on Do It Again
BIG on Brooklyn’s Finest
Nas on Success

no…..no…..ehhh…..definitely up there….no…. HELL NO.

again, none of those stand up to what pimp did in 8 bars. Especially since it ain’t even seem like he was tryin.

no…..no…..ehhh…..definitely up there….no…. HELL NO.

again, none of those stand up to what pimp did in 8 bars. Especially since it ain’t even seem like he was tryin.
Those verses are definitely better. Pimp verse is More popular is what you getting at.
The best thing about Pimp’s verse is the simplicity of it…easy to learn, simple cadence…his charisma took it over the top

NOBODY else could have done that verse and it it hit like that

Those verses are definitely better. Pimp verse is More popular is what you getting at.
The best thing about Pimp’s verse is the simplicity of it…easy to learn, simple cadence…his charisma took it over the top

NOBODY else could have done that verse and it it hit like that

If an artist paints a picture nobody else can paint… doesn’t that mean… I mean even subjectively… doesn’t that make it like…. I rest my case.

Back