Welcome To aBlackWeb

Photo of Texas teacher’s foot on black student’s neck sparks anger, investigation

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
A Texas elementary school teacher took a photo of her foot on a black student’s neck and texted it to the young boy’s mother — drawing fury from administrators and the child’s father.

The Lamar Elementary teacher, whose identity has not been disclosed, wrote to the mother that she put her foot on her 10-year-old son’s neck over a delinquent assignment as a mock threat, to which the student replied, “I bet you won’t.”

The teacher had asked the boy to bring back an assignment with his mother’s signature.

“I didn’t think anything of it. It was ‘ha, ha,’ and I moved on,” the mother told NBC 5. “The picture then began to bother me a little bit, I showed it and my family got really upset about it.”

Her sister posted the picture to social media.

The child’s father, who gave his name as Shamell, told local station WFAA, “I didn’t like it from the moment I seen it.”

Greenville Independent School District Superintendent Dr. Demetrus Liggins apologized to parents in an email and promised that “appropriate action will be taken.”

Liggins told NBC 5, “My initial thought when seeing the photo was actually disgust and concern for the child in the picture. Again it’s completely unacceptable, it’s completely out of the norm for our community and expectation that we have here at Greenville ISD.”

According to WFAA, the photo was taken the same day that former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murdering George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man, in May 2020. Chauvin knelt on Floyd’s neck for more than 9 minutes after attempting to detain him over a counterfeit $20 bill.

The boy’s uncle said the coincidence hurt.

“With what’s going on in the world right now, that ain’t nothing to play about at all. Whether he agreed to do it, she asked him to do it, it don’t even matter. He’s 10. He don’t know no better. She do, though,” he said.

So many questions...

So, did she tell him to lie on the ground?

At 10 years old I don’t think I woulda complied with that order.

Was it a joke?

Also, her foot is on his shoulder, not his neck...

She’d probably be in jail if she put her foot on a 10 year old child’s neck.

Name and shame the bitch who did that shit!!! We all know why they're protecting the slag!!!

Who is this poor child's retarded ass mother??? Nothing funny about this on first look or any after...phuck wrong with her?!

I don't believe for one moment it was "coincidence" that the pic was taken on the same day of the Chauvin verdict.

These phucking pilgrims are getting on my last damn nerve!

The phucking audacity to do this shit then send it to the child's parent!!!

THIS IS WHAT THESE YTs THINK ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN! It starts early as hell...I *just* talked about how they view and label Black children in schools a few days ago.

Your Black child(ren), especially your Black son(s) aren't children to them...they're criminals/felons!!!

THIS IS WHAT THESE YTs THINK ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN! It starts early as hell...I *just* talked about how they view and label Black children in schools a few days ago.

Your Black child(ren), especially your Black son(s) aren't children to them...they're criminals/felons!!!
Just imagine how medical professionals view us.

That’s what’s really scary.

Just imagine how medical professionals view us.

That’s what’s really scary.
I AM a medical professional and I've talked about that on here as well

There is NO system in this country that was constructed for Black people to thrive...anything any of us do to have any semblance of upward mobility and just to LIVE, is us beating ALL the odds!!!

ALL of it is really scary!

I AM a medical professional and I've talked about that on here as well

There is NO system in this country that was constructed for Black people to thrive...anything any of us do to have any semblance of upward mobility and just to LIVE, is us beating ALL the odds!!!

ALL of it is really scary!

So are you pro or anti vaccine ?

wrote to the mother that she put her foot on her 10-year-old son’s neck over a delinquent assignment as a mock threat, to which the student replied, “I bet you won’t.”

even if there was no malice intent with it....that's still weird as hell. I've had teachers joke about things, but never go all the way to "jokingly" do it and then take a picture of it.

Name and shame the bitch who did that shit!!! We all know why they're protecting the slag!!!

Who is this poor child's retarded ass mother??? Nothing funny about this on first look or any after...phuck wrong with her?!

I don't believe for one moment it was "coincidence" that the pic was taken on the same day of the Chauvin verdict.

These phucking pilgrims are getting on my last damn nerve!

The phucking audacity to do this shit then send it to the child's parent!!!

I'm not trying to run interference or anything but do we know she's white? I know it's a high probability and I know that's the implication but if she's black... what does that change? At the risk of sounding like the he-man women's hater club of ABW I think the only thing we know for certain right now is that the mom is trash.

And also the teacher is trash.

And finally... Texas is trash.

Back