Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Pete Rock Responds To Budden Saying Theres No Money In Rap Music

test
This is why I can’t really listen to podcasts involving rap or rappers.

A good majority of them just talk in circles and say a bunch of nothing followed by “you know what I’m saying?”
SIR you are so correct!

Joe is mostly right, but its because these artists are STILL signing horrible deals. Then you have the horrible spending habits they all have, just so they can show off on social media. That eating up w/e money they make outside of rap.

And Pete Rock too old to tiptoeing this much. This that lame shit thats a problem in rap. People wanna speak out against the fuck shit in the rap industry, but are afraid of being labeled a snitch or hater, so talk about everything in some weird roundabout code that kills anything they were trying to say.

So afraid of offending someone in the industry, no one really knows wtf they were trying to say. Just a long vague rant about nothing.

Last edited:
seem like they both mad at the same people.. dunno why he goin at Joe instead of the people that put the industry in the state its in now

*shrugs*

Bro seem like he basically saying that some people were able to leverage their positions in the genre to be able to influence audiences to look towards certain things and artists, as co-signers, in response to being paid well to do so. They did that, and they actively tried to eliminate artists from the game that could dethrone them from those positions of influence. It became more about having the most money than about the art. That the way rap is right now isn’t happenstance.

It actually reminds me of a few years ago where, wherever people were asking who’s the next up or who’s dope. Artist that know what it means to be an artist and have talent. Kept saying lil baby, and i used to be like huh? I know the kids like him but from this artists perspective, there’s no way that they should be saying lil baby.

1710793666166.gif

So u not looking forward to his album w Common?

Haven't checked out anything Comm's put out in a while... Especially recent albums probably the last decade

When he had Ye and Dion on the boards ... fire ... Even the albums with the Neptunes were equally good

That union between NaS and HITBOY looking like a masterstroke as regards HipHop vets and artistic reinvention

Back