Welcome To aBlackWeb

Pet owners : y’all dogs shed?

Regular haircuts and grooming. My dog dont shed that much but if his hair gets too long it's inevitable.

Bathing and brushing. The dog that broke her back was short haired and shed like a mf too. Her tiny dachshund hairs would get stuck in the material of my socks and poke my feet in my shoes, absolute madness.

I got a short haired dog on purpose after having a long haired growing up

i would recommend

grooming once a month
Bathe with anti shed or w/e shampoo once a week
Brush with a detangling comb or brush after the bath and then two more times a week

Bathing and brushing. The dog that broke her back was short haired and shed like a mf too. Her tiny dachshund hairs would get stuck in the material of my socks and poke my feet in my shoes, absolute madness.
That’s how this dog is. I guess I’ll be vacuuming every other day for the rest of its dog years. My other dog doesn’t shed much. So when it’s time for a new one, I’m going for a dog that doesn’t shed like a maniac.

Reactions: B_A
That’s how this dog is. I guess I’ll be vacuuming every other day for the rest of its dog years. My other dog doesn’t shed much. So when it’s time for a new one, I’m going for a dog that doesn’t shed like a maniac.
I feel for you cuz the hair is enough to drive a person crazy. I got all hardwood floors and I did vacuum until her yucky hound smell got into the machine and then the whole house would smell like her. I've heard some people actually vacuum their pets if their pet is okay with it and that works great for getting that loose hair out, whats the worst that could happen?

I feel for you cuz the hair is enough to drive a person crazy. I got all hardwood floors and I did vacuum until her yucky hound smell got into the machine and then the whole house would smell like her. I've heard some people actually vacuum their pets if their pet is okay with it and that works great for getting that loose hair out, whats the worst that could happen?
I already got that in my plans. I bought a new vacuum specifically for the hair and it got a hose attachment. It’s about to be go time.

• Haha
Reactions: B_A
I already got that in my plans. I bought a new vacuum specifically for the hair and it got a hose attachment. It’s about to be go time.
Best of luck. I hope everything goes well. cuz like I said....the hair is enough to drive a person crazy and I feel for you

Yea my boy sheds. Brushing him at least 3 times a week, vacuuming helps. If not there will be a huge tumbleweeds of hair just chilling. He’s a Golden Retriever.

Back