Welcome To aBlackWeb

Peacock Expected To Lose $3 Billion In 2023

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner

Peacock finished the June quarter with 24 million subscribers, up from 22 million at the end of March — but the streamer lost $651 million over the same three months.

Sadly, those losses have pretty much become par for the course. The NBCUniversal streaming platform lost $704 million in the prior quarter (and $467 million in Q2 2022). The company expects to post “peak” losses from streaming — to the tune of $3 billion — in 2023. Good thing Comcast is soon to come into about $9 billion in streaming bucks through the sale of its Hulu stake to Disney.

Everyone doesn't need a streaming service

Should have just leased they content out 🤷🏿‍♂️

But these networks are so desperate because they're losing cable fee revenue.. And they are trying replace that lost revenue w/ going the streaming service route.. Even tho there’s already way to many streaming services right now.. If they were smart some of them should bundle their services to and create some kind of ultimate all in one streaming package for a good affordable price…

But these networks are so desperate because they're losing cable fee revenue.. And they are trying replace that lost revenue w/ going the streaming service route.. Even tho there’s already way to many streaming services right now.. If they were smart some of them should bundle their services to and create some kind of ultimate all in one streaming package for a good affordable price…

They had that with Netflix.

Problem was, some of them got it in their head that they could be just as big as Netflix if they started their own streaming service.

They had to learn the hard way that it wasn't gonna happen.

Main reason is because Netflix has content from multiples sources, but streaming services like Peacock only have content from NBC.

Last edited:
It was called cable lol

We hated it because studios were driving up the licensing price for their content and the cable companies passed those costs to us the customers

Revenue is up "85% year to year, mostly thanks to advertising, as the vast majority of subs are on the service’s 'Premium' tier".

But Premium is "commercial-free". So how is revenue up due to advertising? And they increased the price from $9.99 to $11.99 per month. So, where the losses coming from? Are they talking about projected profits?? lol.

Unless they talking about "losses" from projected profits which fell in general likely due mostly to rising cost of doing business, but they didn't mention any of that. Falling profits would be no surprise though, I believe profits are down for pretty much all corporations this year as a rule.

Basically what cable/satellite already was.

Other than WWE I don’t fuck with Peacock at all. I wish they would of just stayed with their own network.
Agreed. Peacock outside of WWE is a pointless app. I feel just about the same way with Disney+ outside of the live action Marvel shows and some of those Star Wars shows.

I get mad with peacock sometimes. When WWE was its own network, you could watch a live PPV/PLE from the beginning at anytime during the live event. Can’t do that now smh

Yea! Plus now that it’s on Peacock the older PPVs have placeholder fade outs for ads thanks to them having that ad tier on their subscriptions. They even edited curtain controversial things out of older PPVs and shows in order not to “offend” anyone. It’s stupid.

Other than WWE I don’t fuck with Peacock at all. I wish they would of just stayed with their own network.
With the UFC-WWE merger I can see them creating a streamer for that for all the content.

Back