OPINION Overrated, Underrated, Properly Rated Series: ATL

vote

• Total voters

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
1597711176791.png
Summary:

Four working-class teenagers live in an Atlanta neighborhood where hip-hop music rules and the coolest place to hang out is the local rollerskating rink. As the friends look forward to new horizons after high school, they face challenges on and off the rink that bring about turning points in their lives.

Ratings:

1597711314521.png

i thought it was dope for its time. Made me a fan of Lauren London. I thought the Ross boy had next. He had a solid debut as well. Jason Weaver to me stole every scene he was in. Touched on some real shit about trying to balance being where you from and also not really being proud of where you from too.

Anyway...discuss.

Great coming of age movie for our generation. Agreed that Jason Weaver killed it every scene. Jackie Long was meh af but it didn't hurt the movie

But I forget a majority of our members is pushing 50 and they coming of age movie is Boomerang

Probably rated. Big Boi & Bubba from Forest Gump did some decent acting. Everyone else is meh to cringe (TI). You can poke all sorts of holes in the story after a couple watches. This movie only works in 2006 but it’s fun to look back at.

Back