Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Overrated Series : Kendrick Lamar

Is Kendrick Lamar Overrated?

• Total voters

Mooney

Moon for Short
Hailing from Compton , Ca , Kendrick is definitely holding a coast down with his conscious music style. Three solid albums to back his resume up.. one can say he's headed for that top five in no time!!!

Is Kung Fu Kenny Overrated?

no one here says Drogas Lite and Lasers are good albums...stop

and to your other post, he is underrated

There is no way in 7 hells that Kendrick Lamar is overrated when he has constantly met our expectations and topped it everytime. If he was dropping bullshit like Drogas Lite and Lasers and still getting a lot of praise THEN you could say that. But he's dropped 3 back to back classics, proven his worth lyrically, has set the game on its ears many a time (Control, blacker the berry/TPAB, Humble, BET Cypher, Black Friday with J. Cole, etc.). He's appropriately getting awards he should be and he's selling records.

There's a great argument to be said that he's in fact still underrated as he doesn't sell the way an artist like Drake does despite having the quality music and just as many endorsements.

Kendrick is up there with the greats at this point. Majority of the best work from the artists people consider GOATS were released in a short span (Biggie, Pac).. Cube, Nas, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and others were wildly inconsistent musically after their initial 5-7 year commercial runs. Kendrick has been a force on a commercial level for 6 years now and before that he was killing it on the underground level for years. Every project is innovative, creative and thought provoking and not similar to the last. So why doesn't he get that respect? Oh, that's right you can't be an all time great unless you came out back in the day. I call BS. The kid underrated.

so a select few on a message board get to decide whats popping in pop culture??

tell me more

It happened on the IC too.

I don't know every person in the world, do you? I can only go off of what I see and who I debate with and that happens to be yall mfs lol

Let's not derail the thread now, Lupe is overrated and people defend a lot of shit he does when it doesn't need to be.

stop brah

not one person here has defended the fuckery outside of his music

i feel like its ya'll that keep bringing it up to mask that he is a better rapper than Kdot.

Nah Lupe gets more praise than he should because people weigh it to his past works despite him spitting in the face of fans and purposely putting out wack shit. No other veterans get that. Especially online man, Lupe gets so much praise for the dumbest shit. There's a thread with niggas championing his comments about Kendrick Lamar.

When people disagree or don't bring up Lupe's name he gets whiny and emotional and it's kind of annoying. And every single time niggas buy into it and defend him. That's why I say he's overrated, he gets the most praise for the least.
I thought we were just talking about music Sion. He has two classics, two trash albums, and one very good album. That's not too bad. And he can rap his ass off. Fuck the other shit. That being said I dont think many people would rate him as a top tier rapper and that makes him underrated
I think you're letting your disdain for him cloud your judgment of his talent.

Been fucking with kenny since I heard him on this cypher:

From where he was then (had the raw talent just no direction/ own sound) I’d say he’s rated where he should be, he’s put in work for years mastering his craft.

Other emcees of this era could learn a thing or two from him.

He acting like on the IC they didn't crown Lupe Fiasco "artist of the millennium" LOLOLOLOL. Lupe gets that over muthafuckin Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar ?? I'd have even been ok with J. Cole but Lupe !? LMAOOOO

One dumbass flat out said in that thread Lupe Fiasco had a better catalogue than Tupac, fam I had to be held back from perma-banning that dumbass nigga SMMFH.
so its our fault you got trolled about the Tupac stuff?

as far as that poll goes, there was no trolling. I was in that thread. Dudes brought receipts for why they felt he was the best artist out of the others in the competition

same thing with here...if people dont like all the southern based albums going into the classic vault, then come out and vote

dont get upset after the fact

And I agree 100%

I only have a problem with people trying to rank Lupe higher than more deserving artists that's why I feel like I gotta set that shit straight. In this case it's Kendrick fam. And whether people want to admit it or not Kendrick has surpassed Lupe in every way.
So do you think he is under or over as a rapper? Fuck the other shit

So do you think he is under or over as a rapper? Fuck the other shit
he not gon fuck the other shit

thats why these convos always end up the way they do

i asked them on the IC, where is Kdots "double burger with cheese"

crickets

Back