Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Overrated Series - Jay-Z

Is Jay-Z

• Total voters
Yall know better than to entertain half the shit she says lol

Once in a while she does create dope debate threads, that's when she comes in handy

Lock these MC's/Lyricists/Rappers alone in a studio just them by them alone and u get no songs/albums/singles from them

Jay-Z
Nas
Rakim
Canibus
KRS-One
2pac
Kool G Rap
Styles P
Joe Budden
Royce
Method Man
Beanie Sigel
AZ
Fabolous
Big Pun
Fat Joe
Jadakiss
Public Enemy
Rick Ross

As they only rap u would just get acapella freestyles

Lock Eminem up alone in the studio u get The Slim Shady LP ,The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show albums. Lose Yourself, 8 Mile Road, Stimulate, Rabbit Run, Mockingbird, Mosh, We As Americans, Spend Some Time, Love You More, When I'm Gone, No Apologies, Public Enemy Number 1, Jimmy Crack Corn, Beautiful, Careful What You Wish For, My Darling, Not Afraid, Stronger Than I Was, Believe songs. Devil's Night and D12 world albums without the D12 verses

As Eminem sang and performed the hooks, rapped verses on, produced the beats, mixed and mastered on all these albums and songs from other albums. U would also get album covers as he designed and drew the art work on The Re Up album. U would also still get albums/songs/singles from these hip-hop artists if u locked them alone in a studio

B.o.B (Can play instruments too)
Ty Dollar $ign (Can play instruments)
Kid Cudi
50 Cent (he actually has produced beats too)
DJ Quik
Pimp-C
Lil Wayne (He has also produced songs and as known he also plays the Guitar)
Pharrell Williams
Devin The Dude

As they like Eminem also sing, rap, produce beats, mix songs. Some of them can even also do something Eminem can't play 1 or more instruments

I'm still laughin @Mooney saying Jigga is an OVERRATED businessman. The nigga who started in the projects with nothing and now a billionaire is an overrated businessman , that's a new level of hate fam lol

Dame Dash was the great business man he handled the business aspect of evereything and ran and created Rocafella records, Rocawear, Roc movies, Armadale liquor from 1996-2004

He was also the one that funded Rocafella records

He was the one that signed and put on the rappers on Rocafella that sold Platinum/Gold like Kanye West (Jay-Z thought he couldn't have a successful career rapping and advised him not to rap and just produce beats), Camron, Juelz Santana, Dipset as a group, Beanie Sigel, Freeway. Only rapper Jay-Z signed discovered and put on was Memphis Bleek

From 1996-2004 all Jay Z did was rap and focused on just rapping while Dame Dash handled the business

Dame Dash
P-Diddy
50 Cent
Dr Dre
Birdman
Eminem
J-Prince
Lil Wayne
Suge Knight

Are better business man, CEO's and entrepreneurs

Jigga the greatest ever Lyricist and most skilled MC ever though/ Best ever at Freestyling and making diss songs too

Dame Dash was the great business man he handled the business aspect of evereything and ran and created Rocafella records, Rocawear, Roc movies, Armadale liquor from 1996-2004

He was also the one that funded Rocafella records

He was the one that signed and put on the rappers on Rocafella that sold Platinum/Gold like Kanye West (Jay-Z thought he couldn't have a successful career rapping and advised him not to rap and just produce beats), Camron, Juelz Santana, Dipset as a group, Beanie Sigel, Freeway. Only rapper Jay-Z signed discovered and put on was Memphis Bleek

From 1996-2004 all Jay Z did was rap and focused on just rapping while Dame Dash handled the business

Dame Dash
P-Diddy
50 Cent
Dr Dre
Birdman
Eminem
J-Prince
Lil Wayne
Suge Knight

Are better business man, CEO's and entrepreneurs

Jigga the greatest ever Lyricist and most skilled MC ever though/ Best ever at Freestyling and making diss songs too
There's no need to iterate that to me. I use to be a JZ fan. I love a lot of things the Roc was about

Lock these MC's/Lyricists/Rappers alone in a studio just them by them alone and u get no songs/albums/singles from them

Jay-Z
Nas
Rakim
Canibus
KRS-One
2pac
Kool G Rap
Styles P
Joe Budden
Royce
Method Man
Beanie Sigel
AZ
Fabolous
Big Pun
Fat Joe
Jadakiss
Public Enemy
Rick Ross

As they only rap u would just get acapella freestyles

Lock Eminem up alone in the studio u get The Slim Shady LP ,The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show albums. Lose Yourself, 8 Mile Road, Stimulate, Rabbit Run, Mockingbird, Mosh, We As Americans, Spend Some Time, Love You More, When I'm Gone, No Apologies, Public Enemy Number 1, Jimmy Crack Corn, Beautiful, Careful What You Wish For, My Darling, Not Afraid, Stronger Than I Was, Believe songs. Devil's Night and D12 world albums without the D12 verses

As Eminem sang and performed the hooks, rapped verses on, produced the beats, mixed and mastered on all these albums and songs from other albums. U would also get album covers as he designed and drew the art work on The Re Up album. U would also still get albums/songs/singles from these hip-hop artists if u locked them alone in a studio

B.o.B (Can play instruments too)
Ty Dollar $ign (Can play instruments)
Kid Cudi
50 Cent (he actually has produced beats too)
DJ Quik
Pimp-C
Lil Wayne (He has also produced songs and as known he also plays the Guitar)
Pharrell Williams
Devin The Dude

As they like Eminem also sing, rap, produce beats, mix songs. Some of them can even also do something Eminem can't play 1 or more instruments

Eminem cant fucking sing. Just cuz he can do a hook dont mean he can sing. Like wtf.

To end it all...I understand Jzs position of power. I've witnessed his legacy. I've seen him transform from a rapper to mogul. I see what RocNation has grown to (sports advisors/ management and a successful record label), I see what tidal is doing..the nigga copped and made the Brooklyn Nets. Just is carving his niche into the world of business. I get it. Jay is good at what he does, I'll admit it... I applaud him as a black male doin something positive.

Imma still overrate him tho lol just for arguing sake. Just know I see his grind

He's rated where he should be.

As the greatest Lyricist/MC/Rapper of all time. With Reasonable Doubt Lyrically and skill wise the best album ever and Lyrically and skills wise some of the greatest ever albums with Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, The Blueprint, The Blueprint 2, The Black Album, American Gangster, MCHG, 4:44

Greatest ever technical flow, greatest ever at word play, multi's, punchlines, double entendre's, metaphors, double time rhyming and flow, similie's, freestyling

One of the greatest ever diss songs with Takeover

Good beat selection and ear for beats

Greatest ever at guest feature verses

Every album he has ever made has been lyrical and lyrically, flow and skill wise hasn't ever dropped album that's been less than 8/10

One of the best ever over Premo production, best ever over Kanye production, best ever over Just Blaze production. Best ever over soulful and boom bap production

Best ever collab songs with other lyrical MC's

most lyrical singles ever outta any other MC

Jay-Z's style is a combination of Canibus, Nas, Rakim, Royce, Jazz-O, Biggie, Young Chris, Big-L, Jadakiss, Big Daddy Kane

I think he gets the props he deserves and that most people consider him a legend and heading towards an elder-statesman of hip hop...

Facts

He can't sing with or without auto tune, he can't play an instrument, he can't do hooks, he can't produce beats, he can't harmonize with or without auto tune, he can't mix songs, he can't make non rap songs, he can't dance, he can't DJ, he can't sound good over trap beats, he can't get radio play without a big popular RnB singer featuring to do the hook on the single

He is a rapper. He doesn’t need to do any of this shit.

Back