Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Overrated Series - Jay-Z

Is Jay-Z

• Total voters

Mooney

Moon for Short
The big homie aka Mr Summer aka Empire State.. Jay has definitely solidified his name in hip hop history. Revolutionized the term drug dealer / rapper.

Upon all his accomplishments is Jay over or under?!

What y'all think?

Top 5 and I don't even think it's debatable at this point
Idk some feel otherwise. I personally enjoy what young J did for the hip hop. I can say he's top 5 but I'll also say top 10.

That top 5 will def have a spin off thread. I gotta ponder how I wanna use my words

if anything underrated as an artist.

i personally still hold big pac and x over Jay....

even though i know jay released more consistent material than all three

Idk some feel otherwise. I personally enjoy what young J did for the hip hop. I can say he's top 5 but I'll also say top 10.

That top 5 will def have a spin off thread. I gotta ponder how I wanna use my words

My nigga, u said Jay was an overrated BUSINESS MAN, that's DEFINITELY not debatable. So i'm not too inclined to take your opinion on Jigga too serious, cuz there's some underlying hate u got for homie. That's the real question. What's ur beef with hov fam? lol

Whose ever called him "Mr. Summer"?
No one but he The song was called "Dear Summer", in reference to what Jay called the time of the year when he would drop a classic album or single every year for 8 straight years, and how he had to metaphorically leave "her", Summer."Jigga has some great rhymes about his decision to leave performance for his job as Def Jam's

What's ur beef with hov fam? lol
I liked Jz up until the mobb deep(I'm a bigger mobb deep fan) beef. So definitely for a while I could care less of J after that point. Then the demise of the best rap crew (Roc) I felt like he had the power to keep things together(even if it wasn't totally his fault) he forced ppl do choose sides. All that wasn't good for business.

I do own everything Jz has put out, obvious for my previous side hustle. I do listen to most things once.

S/N: there are some business ventures I do admire ..still think he overrated.

and I'll argue why IMLTV1 is his best album lol
I really enjoyed the dynasty more than many would agree to.

Back