Welcome To aBlackWeb

Over 50 Red Lobster Locations Are Closing

Red Lobser was nuts with their promotions. I remember the Lobster Fest they used to do. You get a big nigga at the right time of day in there they’ll eat them profits all the way up.

I used to work at red lobster when I was a teenager it was cool but working on mother's day and valentine day was the worst lol didn't leave until 2am then they had the all you can eat shrimp during the summer time smh gotdamn those were some hungry folks

Red Lobster been trash forever. Don't understand anyone that likes going there.

Facts. It’s been decades past its heyday

went there for the first time in ages when the news first said they were on the verge of bankruptcy last month.

I liked the lil' margarita tray they got but the Admiral's Feast was meh and I think that about sums it up. If you wanna spend money on fresh lobster or crab you go to a real 4 star spot near some water and if you want real fried fish you go to some local joint that's probably run by either blacks or immigrants lol

You can't sustain a restaurant chain just off the biscuits.....

I used to work at red lobster when I was a teenager it was cool but working on mother's day and valentine day was the worst lol didn't leave until 2am then they had the all you can eat shrimp during the summer time smh gotdamn those were some hungry folks

Nigga.

Same. I worked at the one offa Lynnhaven Parkway out the Beach.

Fuck that place.

The only dope thing was that they paid more than other restaurants and paid weekly.

Nigga.

Fuck that place.

The only dope thing was that they paid more than other restaurants and paid weekly.
Lol I worked at the one in Chesapeake.....that weekly pay was clutch tho but I hated working the weekends because I knew I had to close they never let me open unless they was very short handed

Nigga.

Fuck that place.

I used to frequent that joint at Lynnhaven. That was the last Red Lobster I been to I’m sure. Used to live right down the road from the mall behind Sam’s club.

They fucked up when they thought they could make more money by getting rid of their "Create Your Own Platter."

Besides the Admiral's Feast, that was my second go-to whenever I went there.

You could do a 2-way or 3-way combination.

It could be shrimp......scallops..........clam strips........etc.

Or you could double or triple up on any one particular item.

Last time I went there it was some create your own "shrimp" platter type of shit.

Customers weren't feeling it, so their numbers started to drop......but the people at the top are too oblivious to realize why it was happening.

Just copped carry out at RL for Mother's Day. I ALWAYS get the Admiral's feast but them niggas gettin' wild stingy on the portions. used to come with fried shrimp, popcorn shrimp, scallops, clams, and flounder and I would always get fries with it. These joints used to come with the small salad, not anymore. Used to load you up on cocktail sauce and tartar sauce, I got one cup each. No more popcorn shrimp, the fries, scallops, and clams stingy as shit, and the flounder don't taste nearly as good as it used to.

Told the kids it RL goes under, we're hittin' their mother's other favorite spot: Outback.

Oh, I know!

Never worked at RL, but I did work at a restaurant before. Smmfh. "The soup can't get hot using two pots!!", "Melons. Ya'll ran out of melons??!", customers scufflin' at the buffet line, etc....

When they did my background and I came back clean, I was a dishwasher, cook, janitor, and everything else they needed. The main thing that put my mind at ease, is when we had to put the chairs back up and clean the tables. Doing this we heard jazz radio and songs like "Keep Holding On"-Simply Red and Cab Calloway would ease my mind.

*phew* them checks got me through my younger years.

This goes more in depth to this post

Along with this, the company that bought Red Lobster was also a seafood supplier. To monopolize Red Lobster as the only shrimp supplier, they had Red Lobster cuz ties with their other shrimp suppliers, and only use them, the most expensive supplier.
After doing all that, in order to cut their costs more, Thai Union (parent company) also cut more labor to the restaurants, which made service worse.

Last edited:
I haven’t been to red lobster in years but I pick up a box of their cheddar biscuit mix and chef some up every now and then.

Back