Welcome To aBlackWeb

oprah can go to h e double hockey sticks

I mean...

I guess... I don't know. It just seems extremely silly to put people up on a pedestal like that just because they have a lot of money. A lot of dumb people in this country are rich. I'm not saying Oprah is dumb, but her "smarts" are in media and production. No one should be turning to her for insight on anything else.

I guess... I don't know. It just seems extremely silly to put people up on a pedestal like that just because they have a lot of money. A lot of dumb people in this country are rich. I'm not saying Oprah is dumb, but her "smarts" are in media and production. No one should be turning to her for insight on anything else.

You ever heard the phrase, hindsight is 20/20?

Cause you abuse the shit out the idiom.

You act like the generation that grew up with "Flowers in the Attic" as part of their required reading was gonna make smart choices in who they follow.

You ever heard the phrase, hindsight is 20/20?

Cause you abuse the shit out the idiom.

You act like the generation that grew up with "Flowers in the Attic" as part of their required reading was gonna make smart choices in who they follow.

Bruh, this ain't a hindsight is 20/20 situation. Like I said, I've never understood why she's been elevated. Nothing she has ever done as far as I've seen justifies the pedestal she's been put on.

I mean she's so influential, there is actually a term for her ability to sway the masses. It's called the "Oprah Effect." I can't think of a single time Oprah has said anything that made me think "I need to follow her."

Bruh, this ain't a hindsight is 20/20 situation. Like I said, I've never understood why she's been elevated. Nothing she has ever done as far as I've seen justifies the pedestal she's been put on.

I mean she's so influential, there is actually a term for her ability to sway the masses. It's called the "Oprah Effect." I can't think of a single time Oprah has said anything that made me think "I need to follow her."

You are asking this of a narcissistic generation you will never get the answer.

Like I said, it's also about what she represents. I'd say it's MORE about what she represents. It has little to do with the money. Warren Buffet has a way more money than Oprah. We don't give a fuck about WB. But Oprah is the little funny looking, overweight black girl from the country who nobody gave a chance to be successful due to her tragic life...who made a fucking billion dollars in a world full of white people telling her she wasn't good enough.

Shit ain't hard to understand what we give Oprah such a pass. Its not just because she has a ton of money.

You are asking this of a narcissistic generation you will never get the answer.

lol Fair enough.

Like I said, it's also about what she represents. I'd say it's MORE about what she represents. It has little to do with the money. Warren Buffet has a way more money than Oprah. We don't give a fuck about WB. But Oprah is the little funny looking, overweight black girl from the country who nobody gave a chance to be successful due to her tragic life...who made a fucking billion dollars in a world full of white people telling her she wasn't good enough.

Shit ain't hard to understand what we give Oprah such a pass. Its not just because she has a ton of money.

Oprah being a homely chick that went from nothing to billions in no way explains why I should listen to Oprah's opinions on doctors or who should be the president or why I should ignore her low key (and sometimes not so low key) hating on African American culture. If that line of thinking really makes sense to you, I don't know what to tell you. lol

lol Fair enough.

Oprah being a homely chick that went from nothing to billions in no way explains why I should listen to Oprah's opinions on doctors or who should be the president or why I should ignore her low key (and sometimes not so low key) hating on African American culture. If that line of thinking really makes sense to you, I don't know what to tell you. lol

I dunno where you got that from, B. I never said you should do or not do anything. You seemed to be unclear about why people give Oprah this much of a pass. I explained why. That doesn't mean I subscribe to that. Or that you have to subscribe to that. Or that it's right. Or that it makes sense. Or whatever.

You're pretty intelligent, man. I know for a fact that you're capable of understanding why other people do something, while not doing it yourself because you recognize that it's stupid. Lol

Oprah sold her soul to white america to get where she is today. Best thing about this year is that it's all coming back to her.

Y’all taking for a man that only was with white women? Married 3 of them.

I’m shocked at this board.

I dunno where you got that from, B. I never said you should do or not do anything. You seemed to be unclear about why people give Oprah this much of a pass. I explained why. That doesn't mean I subscribe to that. Or that you have to subscribe to that. Or that it's right. Or that it makes sense. Or whatever.

You're pretty intelligent, man. I know for a fact that you're capable of understanding why other people do something, while not doing it yourself because you recognize that it's stupid. Lol

Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. It seemed like you were saying that it's easy to see why people give her a pass. Sure, I can understand that some people subscribe to that line of thinking. But not it's not easy for me to understand how they can make that connection and run with it. To me if they sat back an put any thought into it, they'd realized it doesn't make sense.

Back