Welcome To aBlackWeb

Only Child

You sound hurt af. That's unfortunate

Don't ask questions if you don't want them answered.

I'm the youngest out of 4. Crazy thing about it is that I don't like being spoiled

Last edited:
You sound hurt af. That's unfortunate

Don't ask questions if you don't want them answered.
Nah, I aint gotta be hurt to recognize ignorance and dumb shit. Technically my son ain't the only child, just the only one living.

Aye but stupid is as stupid does. You enjoy that.

Just read the whole thread, you're on your period.

Coo. I understand.

I basically grew up an only child. I have 2 little brothers but were 13 years apart. Shit wasn't all bad but there wasnt no one to talk to and I have terrible people skills today

As an only child (with half siblings I didnt grow up with), theres some arrested development there. You're naturally self centered because sharing and putting others before you is something you have to learn.

You take your space very seriously.

Introversion is pretty much guaranteed.

If I were to ever have kids I gotta have at least 2. Too much pressure on just 1.

Only child here...

...I got lucky because I grew up in the hood (LeDroit Park, Uptown DC) and there were plenty kids on my block, but that shit can/could be lonely as fuck sometimes - I really feel sorry for the only child that grows up in the suburbs...

...I'm very social and generous, so nobody ever guesses I'm an only child and they're surprised when I tell 'em, but maybe subconsciously I'm so generous in an effort to keep people around - shit, I dunno...

...my four close friends are people I've known from childhood or more than 1/2 my life, and it's funny because none of them are only children and their families all consider me family...

...an only child in a two parent household (like I grew up in) makes the three of you incredibly close (for better or for worse)...

...seen my parents go through all kinda shit, but it is what it is...

...my pop is No. 6 outta 12, and my momma is the oldest of 2, so it ain't like they had experience bein' only children...

...no kids of my own yet, but when I do I'm pumpin' my future wife with as many as she can shoot out...

...I don't want my kid to be by themself...

...but me and children ain't happenin' no time soon, so in the words of the great Michael Jordan, "fuck them kids."

i grew up an only child.

my father has other kids, I'm the youngest of them, but we ain't get tight till i was over 18.....growing up it was just me and mom mostly

pros: no one touches your shit,no one bothers you when yo doing shit, you don't have to share, you can have fun by yourself, i have a strong sense of duty around the house....being that i never had to share chores "it's not my night to wash the dishes" every night was my night.... and that shit is trained in....i pretty much do all the "chores" around the house, because it's programmed in me to do them...my wife grew up with 3 siblings, so she always tryna split shit up into nights or turns, and i just get frustrated tryna keep up and do everything...

cons: sometimes it's difficult thinking about others. like i spend hours alone and not even think about what anyone else is doing...
shit's kinda rough when u live with a house full, like i gotta whole squad now....

The pros of having an only child is my focus is solely on him. Money wise, it’s hella cheaper.
One college tuition. One car. One ticket to Disney World.

The cons of having an only child is that he didn’t experience that sibling shit like I did. I have so many stories and memories of me and my siblings. He doesn’t which kinda sucks. Having someone outside of your parents to talk to shit about that understands, yea mama do be tripping.
oh word, u paying for college?...my kids on their own

I got 3 older sisters, a lil sister, lil brother..grew up away from them, was the oldest of the cousins I grew up around. always held to a higher standard, that shit is for the birds..

"I expect better than that from u"

man, eat a dick grandma

Con: i missed out on the sibling rivalries
Pro: i didn't have to share anything
Con: no brother to steal clothes from
Pro: no one messing with my shit

The pro about being the youngest is that you're able to avoid the pitfalls that the other siblings fell in. Also, if you have an older brother and he was heavy in the streets. Then you'll rarely receive any alterations from others because of your associate

My mom always said you dont know what having kids is until you have more than one.

As an only child (with half siblings I didnt grow up with), theres some arrested development there. You're naturally self centered because sharing and putting others before you is something you have to learn.

You take your space very seriously.

Introversion is pretty much guaranteed.

If I were to ever have kids I gotta have at least 2. Too much pressure on just 1.
My son is the only one and he is extroverted af. Such a people’s person.

Back