Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Online Toxicity in Video Games

thought this was a very good video

this is precisely why i rarely EVER play with randos

i only got a few hours of free time, i aint got time for fuck shit

I'm in a psn party 9 times outta 10 when im on the game.

I feel bad for niggas who have to play with randoms.

Especially in Rainbow 6

they should have like an online "Jungle" session to put all them dumbasses in

shit works off player ratings and you gotta stay at 3.5/5 stars and up to stay out the jungle

shit works off player ratings and you gotta stay at 3.5/5 stars and up to stay out the jungle
i cant forget who actually did that...was it Rockstar with GTA 4? I think they sent you to a jungle with the rest of the dumbasses and it was permanent

ya'll could troll each other to your hearts content

GTA basically did this with the dunce lobbies.

Idk if its something they still do or maybe it was so affective that motherfuckers stopped gettin put in there idk.

I know there were some people who liked being in those lobbies but I heard it was hell in there cause basically all the things that u do to get put in there are legal so that means the shit u were doing to people is now being done to you by a lobby full of other motherfuckers

i cant forget who actually did that...was it Rockstar with GTA 4? I think they sent you to a jungle with the rest of the dumbasses and it was permanent

ya'll could troll each other to your hearts content

GTA V but its not permanent. Some sentences last longer than others like a month or 2 months maybe even more. Im guessing if its a serious case then it could be for life

This is actually a thing???

LOL this is definitely the difference between people that play on the PC versus consoles. Ever since Quake/Quakeworld we've been dealing with shit like this and have already figured out how to deal with it. The whole teamkill aspect was dealt with pretty well in Starsiege Tribes where if a nigga was running TK'ing he got kicked from the server and possibly banned permanently. I had to plead the TK case when I first taught my son how to play Tribes 'cause he was running around on my favorite server shooting everything in sight (he was only 7 or 8 at the time) and got our IP address banned. TK can be disabled on damned near every game since Quakeworld, completely negating that as an issue.

Assholes are gonna be assholes. Racists are gonna be racist. Run 'em off the server if it gets too bad or typically what happens is that admins will boot 'em off after a warning. I think the problem with consoles is that y'all don't have private, managed servers so all that shit is basically the wild west. I used to run UT99 and modded Quakeworld CTF servers. Any complaints got dealt with while I was at the crib, anything that happened while I was out was dealt with when I got back.

You raise valid points but the thing is more prevalent now with online gaming with consoles

You raise valid points but the thing is more prevalent now with online gaming with consoles

Because there's no oversight. Sony and Microsoft own the gateway to the servers these games are played on. The companies that make the games stand up the servers and connect them to Sony and M$ but there's no oversight on their end. That's how it was all negated on PC-based online games. We have the option to run the servers ourselves and annoying ass players will get the boot.

Well more developers are trying to curb this shit which I applaud them for attempting to do something

Crazy though one game that I have had zero issues online with was Titanfall 2

I hate playing with randoms

Toxic shit be fun because In my group we be toxic as fuck with each other sometimes.

Had a dude kinda drunk last night doing a raid. Shit was made fun though

We all have 2 million+ damage on the boss and he had 300K. Dude was AFK as fuck

I hate playing with randoms

Toxic shit be fun because In my group we be toxic as fuck with each other sometimes.

Had a dude kinda drunk last night doing a raid. Shit was made fun though

We all have 2 million+ damage on the boss and he had 300K. Dude was AFK as fuck

This is a foreign concept to me. I've only ever played with random folks. Every FPS I've ever played online has been with random folks on the internet.

Just saw that Quake Champions is free to play now, I have it downloading on my other machine and I seriously doubt that I'll encounter much in the way of "toxic" players just based on how the community governed itself in the past.

This is a foreign concept to me. I've only ever played with random folks. Every FPS I've ever played online has been with random folks on the internet.

Just saw that Quake Champions is free to play now, I have it downloading on my other machine and I seriously doubt that I'll encounter much in the way of "toxic" players just based on how the community governed itself in the past.
Never played this but yeah, I wouldn't expect that kinda behavior in a game like this

playing a FPS thats just 6v6 or 4v4 or whatever it is is not bad at all.

When you have to play with randoms with games that needs communication and strategic plans to win thats when the shit gets annoying because somebody can be fucking up on purpose and that shit is toxic

playing a FPS thats just 6v6 or 4v4 or whatever it is is not bad at all.

When you have to play with randoms with games that needs communication and strategic plans to win thats when the shit gets annoying because somebody can be fucking up on purpose and that shit is toxic

I see you've never played a 16x16 Unreal Tournament Onslaught match (which I'm actually waiting to load as I type this). On large maps you almost need team sizes that large to be effective. In Tribes and Tribes 2 I've played 32x32 with no voice communication at all, everything on team chat and all randoms.

I just got done playing some UT2004. Onslaught map w/additional vehicles mod. 16x16 teams, air and ground vehicles. Something I forgot to add because we actually had to kick some idiot: PC games have a kick voting system. Player gettin on everyone's nerve? Send up a vote to kick his ass off the server.

Sounds like y'all could use that feature.

I'm in a psn party 9 times outta 10 when im on the game.

I feel bad for niggas who have to play with randoms.

Especially in Rainbow 6

Its been 5 years and I can say that bad sport lobbies hasn't done shit to discourage griefers. Those dudes want to go their that's where all of their friends are. You're only there for about two days and if you continue to grief you stay longer. I watched a bad sport lobby on YouTube that shit is like Valhalla or world war three. Also they get to keep a dunce cap as a souvenir when they get back. You don't even get sent to bad sport for briefing or toxic gameplay. You get sent there for blowing up personal vehicles . I got plaenty warnings for that and I was defending myself most of the time. GTA online encourages briefing the game was designed that way rock star ain't slick. They are stupid though, in a game that revolves around criminal activity why don't they send toxic gamers to prison. There's a prison right there in the game they could've used.

Last edited:
I see you've never played a 16x16 Unreal Tournament Onslaught match (which I'm actually waiting to load as I type this). On large maps you almost need team sizes that large to be effective. In Tribes and Tribes 2 I've played 32x32 with no voice communication at all, everything on team chat and all randoms.

I just got done playing some UT2004. Onslaught map w/additional vehicles mod. 16x16 teams, air and ground vehicles. Something I forgot to add because we actually had to kick some idiot: PC games have a kick voting system. Player gettin on everyone's nerve? Send up a vote to kick his ass off the server.

Sounds like y'all could use that feature.
Look at the game you're playing though lol

The battlefield games generally have good to decent online lobbies

Call of duty though? Good luck

Its been 5 years and I can say that bad sport lobbies hasn't done shit to discourage griefers. Those dudes want to go their that's where all of their friends are. You're only there for about two days and if you continue to grief you stay longer. I watched a bad sport lobby on YouTube that shit is like Valhalla or world war three. Also they get to keep a dunce cap as a souvenir when they get back. You don't even get sent to bad sport for briefing or toxic gameplay. You get sent there for blowing up personal vehicles . I got plaenty warnings for that and I was defending myself most of the time. GTA online encourages briefing the game was designed that way rock star ain't slick. They are stupid though, in a game that revolves around criminal activity why don't they send toxic gamers to prison. There's a prison right there in the game they could've used.

Never understood why the didnt use the Prison

hopefully the implement that shit in 6 if there is a 6

Back