Online Edition: Are you quick to write off people?

Jan 18, 2017
If you have been an active participant of an online community for at least one-year, then you definitely qualify for this thread.

However, everyone is welcomed to participate.

The reason I chose to strictly focus on an online scenario because people come online and act completely different than offline.

With the safety and anonymity of the Internet in place, the number of thugs increase, the dumb become opinionated, the unfunny turn to become funny, anger displacement due to real life inadequacies, and etc. are all situations we will encounter when participating in an online community.

Compared to offline, we have a choice to ignore these people or simply log off when we encounter such situations.

How we treat these people have no influence in how the rest of our lives will go.

We just happened to meet these people by chance, that is all.

Last edited:
1. Share your experiences where you had to decide to write off someone or not. How did it turn out?

2. Has anyone wrote off you before?

Last edited:
I noticed most of these pro black militant type mfs online be complete frauds, that whole Sixsicksins debacle showed us that shit, they be the main mfs who end up dating/marrying white mfs. Not that there's anything wrong with dating a white person, but you can't be online saying you hate white people 24/7 then have a white bf online b. I noticed that about homie who I wont name that's on that other site instantly.

How do I handle it? Call their asses out. Somebody has to.

Reactions: Zagreus
1. Me, I try to see the value of everyone around me. I believe you can learn a life lesson from any situation. Have you guys heard the age old aphorism, "Don't think you above the words of anyone, including the janitor"? I think the preceding statement is a powerful one. You can learn how the janitor became the janitor in the first place and avoid that same fate for yourself. Also, that person may not be a janitor forever and remember the people who treated them well when he or she was down. You may influence that same person to do something kind for someone else down the line which could have a huge positive impact.

Like I am disappointed at Allergens right now for some of his actions, I could write him off completely. However, I think dude is smart in his own way when he is not in character and is focused. A lot of people don't like him for various reasons.

I have more examples, but I'll give them later.

Last edited:
2. Yes, I have been wrote off by a lot of IC people.

I may have told a bad or incompatible joke or few in the past.

I went against the IC culture that you have to be a certain way.

Due to going against the culture, I have made a lot of enemies because people think I am an easy target for whatever reason, but I always turn the table on them. Always.

I have a group of niggas hoping that the next nigga I beef with would do the job that they couldn't do themselves, LOL.

Overall, I don't give a fuck what any you niggas think about me.

I guarantee that most niggas who have a problem with me, aren't shit compared to me.

Oh yeah, I think me not getting personal with people also plays a part.

I just don't give a shit.

People online tend to catch less feelings, so I don't really have to go to extremes. I can tell some one online that I just don't like them, or speak my mind on some shit and they gotta take it.....

Because of this dynamic, I never really have to cut off or ignore people online, unless they just crazy....

I'm the exact same way in real life. which is funny me cuz People love me for the same others hate me..

I have no cut cards, and I'm always brutally honest about my feelings.....

Everybody can't handle that, and that's fine with me...cuz I can't stand being around a motherfucker I gotta watch what I say around

Reactions: Lou Cypher
On and offline, I observe people before I come to a conclusion. I give folks the benefit of the doubt while I'm in that process. Sometimes for longer than I should, due to some kinda rapport built or redeeming qualities displayed prior to them showing or confirming the worst of themselves. Maybe I'm getting soft or old age is catching up to me. I used to trust my instincts and put people in the "do not fuck with" list off of a quick reading. More often than not, my instincts were proven correct.

My experiences as of late tell me that I don't write people off as quickly as I should. Will I change that entirely? Not sure.

I've gotten to know some interesting characters by not writing them off too quick. When you're on a social platform for years, including anonymous forums, people share more of themselves over time. Consciously and subconsciously. You can find common ground and humanity in some of the trolls, just like you can witness foulness in some of the level posters. I don't think online personas can be truly separated from saying something about the real person behind it, and nearly all people are neither completely bad nor good.

But, that still doesn't mean they are worthy of your energy. Write them off without apologies but apply an open mind at your discretion.

I just don't give a shit.

People online tend to catch less feelings, so I don't really have to go to extremes. I can tell some one online that I just don't like them, or speak my mind on some shit and they gotta take it.....

Because of this dynamic, I never really have to cut off or ignore people online, unless they just crazy....

I'm the exact same way in real life. which is funny me cuz People love me for the same others hate me..

I have no cut cards, and I'm always brutally honest about my feelings.....

Everybody can't handle that, and that's fine with me...cuz I can't stand being around a motherfucker I gotta watch what I say around

That is interesting coming from you of all people.

I thought you would have written off Conflict, or maybe Lurk as a long shot, by now.

Good thing you don't catch feelings (that much).

EDITED

Just to clarify everything, by write off, I don't mean necessarily using the ignore functionality on the forum or whatever communication software.

However, an attitude of "I am not going to fuck with you anymore" or "You ain't shit for whatever reason" or "I am going to ignore a certain % of your post."

Last edited:
Reactions: Golden
Short answer: I've never hit the ignore button BC I might care what the person says. I might not too. But I rather have the option of caring or not then just assuming I'll never care.

Would have been a better IC thread.

I think those niggas who post in the Grown and Sexy / Social Lounge sub-forums would have made this thread hilarious.

Last edited:
1. Me, I try to see the value of everyone around me. I believe you can learn a life lesson from any situation. Have you guys heard the age old aphorism, "Don't think you above the words of anyone, including the janitor"? I think the preceding statement is a powerful one. You can learn how the janitor became the janitor in the first place and avoid that same fate for yourself. Also, that person may not be a janitor forever and remember the people who treated them well when he or she was down. You may influence that same person to do something kind for someone else down the line which could have a huge positive impact.

Like I am disappointed at Allergens right now for some of his actions, I could write him off completely. However, I think dude is smart in his own way when he is not in character and is focused. A lot of people don't like him for various reasons.

I have more examples, but I'll give them later.

But you know what tho, here's what i don't get about folks feelings towards him. They KNOW he's gonna say sime things that'll make you say "WTF??"

But...YOU have the option to either ignore him, or not respond. Instead folks chose to engage, complain, and continued to respond to his posts.

Is that his fault. Nope. He has every right just like all of us to post whateva they want. It's up to you to either ignore, or acknowledge. I laugh at a lot of the shyt he's says, b/c you can tell he's being obvious wit the trolling, yet folks get riled up.

You know the stove is hot, yet you place your hand on it anyway, then complain and blame the stove for burning your hand!?!?! Lol.

Last edited:
As for the thread topic...no.

I've never used the Ignore function. Why? Ummm...b/c i just don't acknowledge people who I have no interest. I don't really respond to the things they may post. So why hit the Ignore button when I can just scroll past their post?

I've been doing that on the IC for years now.

I expect people to be different online than offline. I myself try to stay myself as much as possible online and offline and for the most part i do. Online I express myself more openly though because in person im much more shy and keep to myself until I am comfortable. Dont think i can ever say ive written people off or what not. Ive met several people from the IC in person and they are all exactly how i thought they would be. Different in person, but exactly how i thought they would be in person.

I expect people to be different online than offline. I myself try to stay myself as much as possible online and offline and for the most part i do. Online I express myself more openly though because in person im much more shy and keep to myself until I am comfortable. Dont think i can ever say ive written people off or what not. Ive met several people from the IC in person and they are all exactly how i thought they would be. Different in person, but exactly how i thought they would be in person.
elaborate

how did u guess how they wld be if its diff than their posting