Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Online Code of Ethics?

NeighborhoodNomad

the marathon continues........
We can always improve on our interactions with one another in real life and online. I think most would argue that we NEED to improve on our interactions between one another in real life and online. This goes for male and female, all people.

So if there were a sort of basic "code of ethics" for interacting with people online, what should some of its principles be...?

This is a little different from ABW rules because each platform has its own policies but I'm taking about basic principles we can apply anywhere online when it comes to interacting with people.

1. Interact with people online the way you would in real life. If you wouldn't say a certain thing to someone's face in real life, don't say it online.

Add on...

Take the temperature of the room. If you don't know someone like that, don't jump out the gate trying to behave like you do.

Don't try to act like Goldie towards a female that you don't have the rapport he does with said female

Take the temperature of the room. If you don't know someone like that, don't jump out the gate trying to behave like you do.

Don't try to act like Goldie towards a female that you don't have the rapport he does with said female

I agree with the first part but @Goldie is the owner of this site so if the owner of the site acts a certain way towards women it may give the appearance to the members and lurkers who don't know anything about their back history, that it's cool. The owner sets the precedent.

I agree with the first part but @Goldie is the owner of this site so if the owner of the site acts a certain way towards women it may give the appearance to the members and lurkers who don't know anything about their back history, that it's cool. The owner sets the precedent.
But that's my point

Goldie and ______ may have a rapport where he can say whatever he wants with zero consequence

Just dip ya toes in and see what the water feels like

You don't have to have his approach to get attention I guess

But that's my point

Goldie and ______ may have a rapport where he can say whatever he wants with zero consequence

Just dip ya toes in and see what the water feels like

You don't have to have his approach to get attention I guess

I get you, but you can't have a standard that doesn't apply to the owner or only certain people. The owner/CEO always sets the precedent so we can't say don't act like ___ especially if that person is the leader/owner in any field in life.

For example... If I was an employee and every employee knows that my employer openly does drugs in front of his/her employees, that employer can't enforce a "no drug policy" on the rest of us when they're doing it in front of everyone. I mean they can but no one will respect it.

You'll be hard pressed to find a business, organization, movement or even a family that will tell you to not do what the owners do because they're its visionaries, they hold the vision and they're the example or a living embodiment of its success.

What do you mean?
Dont speak on anyone's children, or parents in a disrespectful manner.

Aside from that, pull ya balls up, u grown..member back when I first got on the IC. The donkey was notorious, niggaz was hacking and shit..I stayed my ass out the donkey.

When I got in the donkey and niggaz roasted me for flying kites, fuck ima get mad when niggaz wouldn't know less I told them in the first place.

All this sensitive shit for grown ass niggaz b, ain't nobody here under 18 fam...

Quote Reply
ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Move like you would in real life.

If you ain't the type to talk slick IRL, don't do it online.
If you ain't the type to badger chicks for nudes or talk greasy to them face-to-face, don't do it online.
Let your online life be an extension of your real world life and move accordingly.

Eventually as this site grows it may need one just like any big business but this is more about an online code of ethics in general not just ABW.

If we live by principles irl we should also have principles for the way we interact with people online.
These cats always gone talk sideways cause it's no immediate repercussions that's just the nature of forums. If they ain't got ethics in real life how you expect them to get it with people on a forum. If pops/mom or just common sense ain't guided them right yet they a lost cause.

This can happen after people stop with the beneficial low emotional intelligence.

Alot of people are smart but play stupid to ride the wave.

This would've been perfect for the IC but...don't let your forum title gas your head into thinkin you're better than everyone.

This was one of the biggest gripes I had wit the IC. Folks show their true colors when you give them just a lil bit of "power". B/c since most are not in positions to control people offline, they use the opportunity given online to act like they're a "boss". The title boosted they're own ego. Having that "I'm better than you" attitude.

Now some will say this applies to mods here. But compared to IC mods...ABW mods are more fair minded imo.

This would've been perfect for the IC but...don't let your forum title gas your head into thinkin you're better than everyone.

This was one of the biggest gripes I had wit the IC. Folks show their true colors when you give them just a lil bit of "power". B/c since most are not in positions to control people offline, they use the opportunity given online to act like they're a "boss". The title boosted they're own ego. Having that "I'm better than you" attitude.

Now some will say this applies to mods here. But compared to IC mods...ABW mods are more fair minded imo.

So in short, when it comes to moderating, whatever "power" or title you have online, use it responsibly. Don't abuse your mod "power".

Right?

Back