Welcome To aBlackWeb

One Gotta Go. Toon Edition

Man du, how many niggas you know that went to the service cause they saw it on GI Joe

Hush
Honestly, prolly every single one.

Niggaz prolly had at least one day dream the was gonna be on some gi Joe shit when they first enlisted

smh-louisck.gif

Yall niggas is some fucking fools talking about niggas joining the service cause of GI Joe.

I may have seen a couple episodes from each show but I didnt really care about any of those cartoons. They all can go. They were not part of my line ups. I got into transformers when they became beastwars.
It would probably harder to do one if these from the cartoons of our era. Narrowing it down to 4 is tough as it is.

Niggaz was really tryna convince kids ..that the US military was the good guys..... Lol....

Man what a mind fuck

Lol I mean if we being real America was on that shit once WW2 ended. We woke now and we donā€™t like that shit tho. Donā€™t even like James Bond police ass no mo

smh-louisck.gif

Yall niggas is some fucking fools talking about niggas joining the service cause of GI Joe.
Bruh if you don't see the not so subtle recruitment tactics in the show I don't know what to tell you. But the shit was heavy handed as hell. Knowing everything about this country, I don't understand how it's not obvious that what the show was about. Damn near everything in it was about patriotism. The imagery.. The message.. All of it was built towards influencing kids to join the military.

I hate when y'all act like my hot takes are being pulled out my ass and no one in the world ever considered these ideas.

One quick Google and there's multiple discussions and the topics. Like at least debate it instead of shooting it down immediately.

Bruh if you don't see the not so subtle recruitment tactics in the show I don't know what to tell you. But the shit was heavy handed as hell. Knowing everything about this country, I don't understand how it's not obvious that what the show was about. Damn near everything in it was about patriotism. The imagery.. The message.. All of it was built towards influencing kids to join the military.

I hate when y'all act like my hot takes are being pulled out my ass and no one in the world ever considered these ideas.

One quick Google and there's multiple discussions and the topics. Like at least debate it instead of shooting it down immediately.

honestly Starship Troopers in the same vein but makes fun of the subtle shit with the recruiting

Bruh, thank you for fixing that because I damn sure was about to point out that there was nothing subtle at all about the G.I. Joe propaganda.

I barely watched that show. I liked the villains, but they always got chumped, which made me dislike the show.

Like I get it, sometimes the hot takes on here don't have any credibility.

But this is not a new topic. GI Joe has been called out a lot for being military propaganda. It was designed ass recruiting tool. 8-9 year olds knowing about specific tanks, guns, military rankings.... Yes video games do the same thing today, but cartoons are often used to push agendas on children

I never said I didn't see it and nor did I say I didn't know what it was they were doing.

My comment was based little kids watching a fucking cartoon and having be at least 18 before signing up for the military. By the time majority of people reached 18 yrs of age IMO GI fucking JOE ain't the reason they joined the military.

Back