• Eddie Murphy

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Richard Pryor

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Dave Chappelle

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
He’s not The Godfather of stand up

Hell didn’t Mooney write some of his jokes.

didnt say that...and yes its always been known he worked with Mooney

Mooney wouldnt have delivered any of that shit the same

everything about Rich was funny down to his voice and how he said mathafagga instead of the regular way

comedic swag I guess

he could go in on white people and even they would crack tf up

the rest of the comics on this list would all put Pryor over them....maybe not now that they're rich af and he's gone...but when they started that would have been the answer

didnt say that...and yes its always been known he worked with Mooney

Mooney wouldnt have delivered any of that shit the same

everything about Rich was funny down to his voice and how he said mathafagga instead of the regular way

comedic swag I guess

he could go in on white people and even they would crack tf up

the rest of the comics on this list would all put Pryor over them....maybe not now that they're rich af and he's gone...but when they started that would have been the answer

Just because Dave Rock or Eddie would put him over themselves don’t make him better.

As much as i enjoy chris rock, he can get out of there.

Pryor is non Negotiable. My very first experience with stand up comedy was Richard Pryor Live at the Sunset Strip. I was just a kid and didnt understand a lot of it, but the little i did cracked me up and i was blown away that people got paid to make people laugh. Dude made some goddamn hilarious movies too especially when he teamed up with Gene Wilder. I still watch Hear No Evil See No evil and Stir Crazy sometimes.

Eddie Murphy is the one that i was going back and forth with Chris to get rid of. He only has 2 hours of stand up, but his movies were funny as hell growing up. He hasnt been that funny to me in a long time and Chris has always been funny to me, but Impact wise i feel Eddie had a bigger impact on Comedy in general.

Chappelle is one of my personal top 5 Comedians (along with pryor). Dude hasnt released anything i didnt enjoy. I recorded his HBO Half Hour on VHS a looooooong time ago and would watch it all the time. Killing them Softly and For What its Worth were purchased and watched at least a thousand times each. Dont even get me started on Chappelles Show. Dude disappears, gets buff, and comes back 10+ years later and still cracks me the fuck up. No matter what his involvement is, Writing a Screenplay, doing stand up, acting in a movie, directing a movie. If Dave is involved i will be one of the first people to check it out upon release.

Chappelle and Martin are hometown heros but Eddie's the goat hands down. From tv, to movies to stand up, he was great and dominated every aspect of comedy, can't say the same about any of the other 3.

Pryor aint got no quoteables

all the "quoteables" you do like are from the mouths of other comedians who shared convos they've had with Pryor.

Bye Pryor

Back