COMMUNITY On my way to Chuuch

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
Jan 18, 2017
Aight, been thinking about this for a min

Some of us are on completely different ends of the religious spectrum and that's ok

My hope is to use this thread as a discussion for religion.

I'm letting you know now, if you don't believe in God, cool, but don't come in here trying to say that in every post you make. I'm not saying you can't participate in discussion, but if that's the only thing you wanna say every single post, then stop reading now. This ain't the thread for you.

There will be no trolling. I'm not gon even warn you. Your post getting deleted, straight up.

We can have productive conversation, challenge each other's povs and still be respectful towards each other.

We can laugh, share experiences, give encouragement, etc..

With that being said, let's talk about tithing or rather the principles of tithing. Better yet, why is it that people always come for the church when it comes to finances but blindly give their money to Jordan and whatever brand of choice they love?

I disagree with you on saying that you can't make multiple posts on not believing in god. there are people who believe in every aspect of a religion except the religious deity involved. there's a whole spectrum of non-believers who have varying beliefs.

Reactions: Chicity
With that being said, let's talk about tithing or rather the principles of tithing. Better yet, why is it that people always come for the church when it comes to finances but blindly give their money to Jordan and whatever brand of choice they love?

Church has a higher moral responsibility. Jordans and shit we know is a business. I know im see what i gave my money too by having the Js.

Church can collect money byt if nobody asking where it goes shit goes left.

I disagree with you on saying that you can't make multiple posts on not believing in god. there are people who believe in every aspect of a religion except the religious deity involved. there's a whole spectrum of non-believers who have varying beliefs.
And one can believe in god without believing in religion

Really AP, you really narrowed mind bruh

Church has a higher moral responsibility. Jordans and shit we know is a business. I know im see what i gave my money too by having the Js.

I was gonna say this.

lol I'll just be a spectator for now and let yall go at it

I got a theory. 1000s of years ago before Abrahamic faiths humans worshipped nature mostly or things in nature. Feminine deitys were worshipped all over. Before we became hunter gatheres we were farmers. Women often represent fertility. I wonder if we stuck with worshipping women and not just father God how would we ve different

let me clarify b/c i see where this is going real quick

i didnt think i had to specify that one God wasn all encompassing. If you call him allah, or higher power...whatever...lets discuss

what i dont want is some people who emphatically dont believe in anything to try and derail the convo

i should've been more specific but i was posting from my phone

valid criticism

but if your faith teaches any principle of faith, then you understand the concepts of tithing

anybody with any sense knows that the money you physically contribute to the church does not physically got to God...i mean, c'mon...

And one can believe in god without believing in religion

Really AP, you really narrowed mind bruh

i didnt think i had to specify that one God wasn all encompassing. If you call him allah, or higher power...whatever...lets discuss

what i dont want is some people who emphatically dont believe in anything to try and derail the convo

no that wasn't at all what I was saying. didn't make a mention of the name of the god. I was saying religion =/= belief in a deity, any deity.

there are people who don't believe in any god, but believe in belief systems or aspects of them. you can be religious but not believe in a higher power behind it. some folks just like the routine or pick and choose. j

ust like @ChiCity said there are people who believe in a higher power but not any religion.

valid criticism

but if your faith teaches any principle of faith, then you understand the concepts of tithing

anybody with any sense knows that the money you physically contribute to the church does not physically got to God...i mean, c'mon...

True but alot of folks dont fully know and hear wild stories.

no that wasn't at all what I was saying. didn't make a mention of the name of the god. I was saying religion =/= belief in a deity, any deity.

there are people who don't believe in any god, but believe in belief systems or aspects of them. you can be religious but not believe in a higher power behind it. some folks just like the routine or pick and choose. j

ust like @ChiCity said there are people who believe in a higher power but not any religion.
serious question, did i not just clarify what i meant in the post you just quoted?

this thread isnt for me to prove anyone right or wrong. The thought was to have a place where we can discuss all aspects of the higher power/religious spectrum

serious question, did i not just clarify what i meant in the post you just quoted?

this thread isnt for me to prove anyone right or wrong. The thought was to have a place where we can discuss all aspects of the higher power/religious spectrum
you conflated religion with belief in a god in the OP and in the post I just quoted. different names or deities for gods are still gods, but that isn't the only aspect of religion or religious discussion.

I got a theory. 1000s of years ago before Abrahamic faiths humans worshipped nature mostly or things in nature. Feminine deitys were worshipped all over. Before we became hunter gatheres we were farmers. Women often represent fertility. I wonder if we stuck with worshipping women and not just father God how would we ve different
interesting theory

i can dig it

you conflated religion with belief in a god in the OP and in the post I just quoted. different names or deities for gods are still gods, but that isn't the only aspect of religion or religious discussion.

let me say again

im not saying that you have to believe in a god or gods by other names

my point for initially saying what i said:

1) was mobile and was trying to just get the thread started

2) if you do not believe in ANYTHING, this not the thread for you

i aint trying to convert nobody or force what i believe on you

i was attempting to have a thread where we can discuss, maturely, all the various places on the religious spectrum

Reactions: Golden