Olympic Gold Medalist Calls Out NBA For Calling Themselves "World Champs"

NBA doesnt call themselves the world champ, only NFL and MLB still does. Most sports phased that out when they tried to go global.

• Cap
Reactions: GNS and Ironman
did he mean the NFL? lol

the last 5 league MVP’s were non american. 2 of the last 3 finals MVP’s were non american. the best basketball players in the world are in the NBA

dude sounds kinda goofy

“i love the USA, at times”

realest shit he said

Last edited:
He was basically trying to get to the fact of how hard it is to become world champion by having to compete w the best athletes from around the globe

He's young, so he doesn't really get that there was a time when all the best basketball players in the world were in the NBA. Hell, you could probably argue that's still true today, it's just that not all the best players are American.

He's young, so he doesn't really get that there was a time when all the best basketball players in the world were in the NBA. Hell, you could probably argue that's still true today, it's just that not all the best players are American.
I think his point is they are not traveling the globe and playing the best on their turf to determine that

I know it’s stupid

I understand his point, because I’ve actually heard this before. He was talking about the NBA and not basketball as a whole. How this can be misconstrued? Idk, but here we are

I don't think it's being misconstrued. I think people have less of a problem with the point he made and more with the fact that he made it in the first place. Just didn't seem necessary.

He is just another idiot that think because his opponent has another country across their chest it means something more.

• Cap
Reactions: GNS