Olympic Committee Announce That Athletes Will Not Be Allowed To Kneel, Raise Fist, Etc In 2020 Olympic

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
Jan 14, 2017
The Burbs
Athletes at the 2020 Olympic Games will not be allowed to take a knee — unless they’re tying their sneakers.
The International Olympic Committee on Thursday published a strict set of guidelines that bars competitors participating in the upcoming 32nd Olympics in Tokyo from using the world stage for political protests.
That means no political displays like signs and armbands, no gestures “of a political nature” — including taking a knee or making hand gestures, like a raised fist — and no refusing to follow protocol at Olympic ceremonies or “on the field of play,” the three-page document said.

The guidelines don’t specify what the punishment will be for those who flout the ban, saying only “disciplinary action will be taken on a case-by-case basis.”
“We believe that the example we set by competing with the world’s best while living in harmony in Olympic Village is a uniquely positive message to send to an increasingly divided world,” the IOC said.
“This is why it is important, on both a personal and global level, that we keep the venues, the Olympic Village and the podium neutral and free from any form of political, religious or ethnic demonstrations.”
One of the games’ most memorable protests was the 1968 Mexico City demonstration by American sprinters Tommie Smith and John Carlos, who each raised a fist on the medal podium during the national anthem in a shout-out to the civil rights movement.

I can't really blame them...lmao. there's been so many uprisings and calls for justice all across the world since the last games. If they gave everybody a chance to get their shit off the Olympics would be 5 months long instead of 2 weeks lol

I can't really blame them...lmao. there's been so many uprisings and calls for justice all across the world since the last games. If they gave everybody a chance to get their shit off the Olympics would be 5 months long instead of 2 weeks lol

It's actually deeper than that. It's likely more because of this:

The olympics is a political event in itself...

The Olympics has already been successfully struck by terrorists (I'm not talking about the BS bombing in ATL), so they have to be careful about athletes doing things that are too provocative. Taking a knee over police brutality is one thing, but it becomes something else when one country's athletes does some in protest of another country. Things like that can lead to tensions between nations and that's pretty much the opposite of what the Olympics is supposed to be about.

Reactions: bootcheese3000
Seems like they're trying to get ahead of it. I could see some Chinese protests popping up. No to mention shit we haven't even heard about yet. It's like some Hunger Games type ish

They need to scrap the nationalistic opening ceremony and the flag bearing and medal tallies.. but you know what it is.

Reactions: SneakDZA
They need to scrap the nationalistic opening ceremony and the flag bearing and medal tallies.. but you know what it is.

That pretty much defeats the purpose of the Olympics. It's a nationalistic event, but it is about all the nations coming together in the spirit of peace through competition. For the most part, they've done a good job with that.

read a book once when niggaz attacked the Olympics....

shit was ridiculously over the top the levels of security these events be having.....

with the climate right now......something like that could be a combustible environment....

i don't think this one is much of a foul as other shit..i understand not wanting some shit to spark off that really does lead to world war 3

What's more important the cause or the medal?

If an athlete wins their event and protests on the medal stand. They may not get their medal but history will know and show they actually won their event.

Shit ain't even real gold anyway!!

There's no such thing as a "gold" medal, not at these upcoming Rio Olympics — and really, not ever. Second-place finishers get silver medals and oddly enough, so do the winners, albeit theirs are plated in a tiny amount of gold.

Fuck the IOC
e269e13f-27b2-4f9d-8790-d1b85a83ba21-AP_Hall_Of_Fame.JPG

It's actually deeper than that. It's likely more because of this:

The Olympics has already been successfully struck by terrorists (I'm not talking about the BS bombing in ATL), so they have to be careful about athletes doing things that are too provocative. Taking a knee over police brutality is one thing, but it becomes something else when one country's athletes does some in protest of another country. Things like that can lead to tensions between nations and that's pretty much the opposite of what the Olympics is supposed to be about.

You're talking about Munich, right?

Gonna.be slot of niggas talking bout...

They don't need a medal. I'm the people champ.

Yea, it's counterproductive to what the games are for

I mean, back in the day when the people got riled up & anarchy was on the verge, the emperor would get everyone to the Coliseum & put on a show to keep their minds preoccupied

why you think athletes get contracts for hundreds of millions of dollars?

why you think there's always some sport in season throughout the yr?

the powers that be want everyone deaf, dumb & blind to their wicked ways... so here, watch this ball go in the net for a few hrs & stfu

Yea, it's counterproductive to what the games are for

I mean, back in the day when the people got riled up & anarchy was on the verge, the emperor would get everyone to the Coliseum & put on a show to keep their minds preoccupied

why you think athletes get contracts for hundreds of millions of dollars?

why you think there's always some sport in season throughout the yr?

the powers that be want everyone deaf, dumb & blind to their wicked ways... so here, watch this ball go in the net for a few hrs & stfu
Yup, and they're worried about the Millions in corporate sponsorships