Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Apple Music’s Top 100 Albums.

test
People are always going to have complaints over these big lists. Some questionable choices, but overall it's not terrible IMO. My main critique would be that some placements feel off and which albums they chose to represent artists are head-scratching. SOS over CTRL, GKMC but no TPAB, Blonde over Channel Orange (and top 5? LOL), Control but no Rhythm Nation or Velvet Rope, Lemonade over half of Beyonce's other albums, Baduizm and no Mama's Gun, no Off The Wall for MJ. They def took cultural impact into account and made an effort to have multiple entries for the same artists but the choices could've been better.

Some of these albums I'll be checking out for the first time, so happy they're now on the radar. Also happy to see black people getting the recognition they deserve. We see lists like this from Rolling Stone, Billboard, SPIN, etc. where damn near the entire top 50 are white artists and bands. It's about time that black artists get represented as the foundation of modern and contemporary music.

On second thought, just peeped how Pink Friday ain't anywhere in the Top 5 so throw the WHOLE list away

0*cHXmU4P0L8caqRBL.gif

I didn’t read their criteria but I’m assuming one artist one album because it should be a given that more than one Michael Jackson album should easily make top 100

I didn’t read their criteria but I’m assuming one artist one album because it should be a given that more than one Michael Jackson album should easily make top 100

I thought that too, but there's 2 Beatles albums in the top 20

@Goldie I might have missed it but was the Carter III on there?

Because by their own standards it definitely should have been in the top 20 minimum

Songs in the key of life
Thriller
Off the Wall
The white album
Nevermind

Should be the top 5 by their own criteria

Back