Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Old School House Music: An Appreciation Thread

Not a fan of house music as a genre....but there are some cuts I like.

tenor.gif

House music gets you going. I just love night life deep house vibes.

This one lounge I go to I be having to pull out the Shazam like every other song

I always thought house music was a Baltimore thing. I guess that was cause of the area I lived in. Also never been to Detroit or Chicago.

House music was never for me either. Just like being from DC I LOVE go-go music but most people around the country hate it.

I always thought house music was a Baltimore thing. I guess that was cause of the area I lived in. Also never been to Detroit or Chicago.

House music was never for me either. Just like being from DC I LOVE go-go music but most people around the country hate it.

Nah, House originated in Chicago, Techno in Detroit, Garage in NYC. Bmore got their own Club music tho and that shit floated to Tha D and The Chi.

Nah, House originated in Chicago, Techno in Detroit, Garage in NYC. Bmore got their own Club music tho and that shit floated to Tha D and The Chi.

OOHH so house(chicago) and club(baltimore) is different. Damn I'm learning today. I always thought that was same shit.

Appreciate the correction!

I used to use the intro to this joint at the beginning of my mix tapes back in the day

This joint had muhfuckas all clapping and snapping along with it.

And since I'm making a pit stop on Cajual Records...

"You Got Me Up" will make me slap the shit outta somebody...move TF outta my way I'm headed to the dancefloor...moooove!!

Dats my shiiiit!!!!

Don't forget Jersey Club:

KG & Uniiqu3 "B2B"

What exactly is "Garage music"? I've heard the term but I don't know what it means. @konceptjones can you post a few garage songs?

I'm more familiar wit the 2-Step/Garage Movement in the UK, which is still popping to this Day, just not as hard as it did 20 or so Years ago:

Flava D & Royal-T (of Butterz Records) "On My Mind" (Version 3)

Groove Chronicles "Stone Cold"

Don't forget Jersey Club:

KG & Uniiqu3 "B2B"

I'm more familiar wit the 2-Step/Garage Movement in the UK, which is still popping to this Day, just not as hard as it did 20 or so Years ago:

Flava D & Royal-T (of Butterz Records) "On My Mind" (Version 3)

Groove Chronicles "Stone Cold"

SO how is that different from House music? Sounds the same to me.

Next to the Underground Hip-Hop Thread, this is becoming one of my Favorites.

Going back to our earlier convo about Genres within Genres--Sub-genres--here's a few Deep House Classics:

Pepe Bradock "Deep Burnt"

Which A Tribe Called Quest sampled for "The Love"

4Hero "9x9", remixed by Philly's very own King Britt's side project Scuba

And, last but not least, Marcellus Pittman "An Afternoon Delight"

DETROIT STAND UP!!!!

Detroit, Chicago, and Black Music in general lost two heavyweights over the last two days.

Detroit Legend Kelli Hand, aka K-Hand, passed on 8/3. Chicago House legend Paul Johnson passed on 8/4 of Covid19. We're not sure how Kelli passed yet, but this message to Paul from her, wishing him a speedy recovery, hits hard seeing as how they passed a day apart.

230515326_10158029185431160_3228164711314283926_n.jpg

Back