Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Official Fishing Thread: Any one here fish?

Ooh lord he touching the fish. Yuck!!!
I touched a minnow and put it on my hook. I almost fainted.

That's a part of fishing! Lol.

I told my son once he turned 10 he was in charge of baiting his own line and taking any fish he caught off the hook. He been doing all that himself for a year. He still hasn't mastered tying his own line yet. I'll give him another year to practice until he has to do that himself too.

I fish. I think our youngest son might have a fish allergy though. Last time I caught something and cooked it his face started swelling up and breaking out. He didn't even touch or eat the fish. he was just in the kitchen while I was cooking it.

You find everything you need to know about fishing on YouTube though.

Bass are lazy in summertime except at morning or night when they feed so if fishing during the day cant go wrong with plastic worms or other slow moving baits, also live nightcrawlers work well but you gotta worry bout everything else trying to eat them too, bait color depends on water color you wanna make sure the fish can see you're lure, live bait it doesnt matter as much

Bass are lazy in summertime except at morning or night when they feed so if fishing during the day cant go wrong with plastic worms or other slow moving baits, also live nightcrawlers work well but you gotta worry bout everything else trying to eat them too, bait color depends on water color you wanna make sure the fish can see you're lure, live bait it doesnt matter as much

This is true. That picture of my son holding the bass he caught was with a minnow on a bobber. We were fishing for Crappie. Ive caught almost every type of fish on minnows except Carp.

That's a part of fishing! Lol.

I told my son once he turned 10 he was in charge of baiting his own line and taking any fish he caught off the hook. He been doing all that himself for a year. He still hasn't mastered tying his own line yet. I'll give him another year to practice until he has to do that himself too.
I make my son touch it because it’s too slimy. He ended up leaving so I had no choice but to do it on my own. My mama and I were out there taking deep breaths trying to get it together. I don’t think I’m scared to touch the little fish anymore. The bigger ones, idk yet.

Every day might be a fishing day... Not every day is a catching day lol

Think that’s why I never tried as an adult. When I was like 12 me and my pops spent basically a whole day at the lake to catch nothing. After that he knew not to invite me again.

This is true. That picture of my son holding the bass he caught was with a minnow on a bobber. We were fishing for Crappie. Ive caught almost every type of fish on minnows except Carp.
Yea carp mainly stick to the vegetation and small bugs they dont mess with other fish hardly at all(atleast from what ive seen) and bruh i love eating crappie, best tasting fish by far, fun to catch too they put up a nice fight for they size

Think that’s why I never tried as an adult. When I was like 12 me and my pops spent basically a whole day at the lake to catch nothing. After that he knew not to invite me again.

It be like that sometimes lol. I've learned real quick that if im out there for like an hour in one spot I'll move. If i move and still dont get bites in that next hour I'll leave and either come back later or another day. I normally get up and go early like right a sunrise or in the evening after thr sun isn't high and it's not so hot out.

Forget being out all day without catching nothing lol.

Yea carp mainly stick to the vegetation and small bugs they dont mess with other fish hardly at all(atleast from what ive seen) and bruh i love eating crappie, best tasting fish by far, fun to catch too they put up a nice fight for they size

Yeah. Crappie is probably my favorite fish to catch/eat. Close second is Hybrid Stripers.

This guy has a good channel i subscribe to about catching Crappie. Has a bunch of good tips. Even makes his own jigs. I bought some and have caught crappie with them.

20200429_152641.jpg

It be like that sometimes lol. I've learned real quick that if im out there for like an hour in one spot I'll move. If i move and still dont get bites in that next hour I'll leave and either come back later or another day. I normally get up and go early like right a sunrise or in the evening after thr sun isn't high and it's not so hot out.

Word I usually go when it's high tide.. like you said.. if I haven't caught anything or at least got any decent nibbles/close calls in over an hour.. try for another spot or another day lol

Word I usually go when it's high tide.. like you said.. if I haven't caught anything or at least got any decent nibbles/close calls in over an hour.. try for another spot or another day lol

What kind of fish do you normally catch in salt water where you are? I know fishing saltwater is a whole different ballgame compared to fishing a lake or river.

And what's your favorite fish to catch/keep?

Yeah. Crappie is probably my favorite fish to catch/eat. Close second is Hybrid Stripers.

Thia guy has a good channel i subscribe to about catching Crappie. Has a bunch of good tips. Even makes his own jigs. I bought some and have caught crappie with them.

View attachment 329364

Ive never hooked a striper but ive heard they put up an incredible fight, hard to catch them at the lakes here tho unless you got guides or know exactly what spots theyre gonna be at

Ive never hooked a striper but ive heard they put up an incredible fight, hard to catch them at the lakes here tho unless you got guides or know exactly what spots theyre gonna be at

u ever get boils out on the lakes?

Stripers put up a real good fight. There's a big lake in my area that is known for having big Crappie and Striper. I caught a 4lb striper a few months ago.

We moved several times but we ain’t have a boat, just fishing from the shore

We moved several times but we ain’t have a boat, just fishing from the shore

I don't have a boat so i fish from the bank the majority of the time. I got skunked enough as a child fishing with my pops to know when to pack up and dip as an adult lol.

Aint nothing worse than leaving 3 shades darker with mosquito bites and dehydration with no fish to show for it. Lol

Back