Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

I think Portland will catch Memphis and get into the playoffs comfortably.

Even though they trash and lack depth, too much talent on that team to not be able to buckle down in the 2nd half the season and beat out a young grizzlies team.

In 2 years, with the growth of Ja and JJJ this will be a very different convo.

Last edited:
Playoffs in the East are also very interesting.

The Bucks are the favorite to come out but like I said before, on paper they are the weakest Elite team when it comes to talent. The only elite team with 1 real star.

The Bucks have depth but if they play the Sixers, from a talent standpoint, the Bucks will have the best player on the court, but the Sixers will have the next 3, (ben, embiid, harris), and then middleton, and then horford.

Same with the Celtics. Giannis will be the best player on the court and then its Kemba, Tatum, and its a toss up between middleton and brown.

Having a team led by 1 star into the playoffs is always to hard to call.

The Raptors and the Heat are hard to call too. On paper they dont have the talent of the Bucks, Sixers and Celtics but they have the intangibles.

They play harder, play better together, and execute very very well.

Its hard to call teams like these. And again, its not that they dont have talent, they just dont have as many dynamic, take the game over talent as the other 3 top teams.

I wouldnt be surprised if either team gets to the ECF.

The last good team out East is the Pacers, and they're a really good team but I still have them in a lower tier than the other five teams. I think next season with a fully healthy oladipo and a good offseason addition will propel them into the convo with the raptors and heat.

Yo how much yall think Drummonds next contract is?

Im 26-27 and went from having a max contract to like 12 a year I might retire.

Yo how much yall think Drummonds next contract is?

Im 26-27 and went from having a max contract to like 12 a year I might retire.
He’s gonna exercise his $28 mil option so in 2021 I cant see him making more than 15 mil a year

like 4 year/60 mil but I think anything over that is an overpay for a 3rd option big who has never played on a good team

He’s gonna exercise his $28 mil option so in 2021 I cant see him making more than 15 mil a year

like 4 year/60 mil but I think anything over that is an overpay for a 3rd option big who has never played on a good team

Thats less than half his current contract.

More money than any of us will touch so im not saying he gonna be broke or laughing at him but just saying its crazy to be better than you ever been at your job and making half than less you made the previous year.

Thats less than half his current contract.

More money than any of us will touch so im not saying he gonna be broke or laughing at him but just saying its crazy to be better than you ever been at your job and making half than less you made the previous year.
Could be worse he could be Roy hibbert lol

But the market changed and the rockets gonna help sabotage his career if what they doing works out well enough for them in the playoffs

guys like Marvin bagley gonna be hurt

here’s hoping he saved 40% of that contract so it evens out

but he can look at it like this he made more money on bad teams early on but he’s making less on good teams later on so he can have the peace of mind that way

Might balance out

Back