Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

So rebounding is not factored into analytics? I'm not sure what Houston is trying to do. I mean if your offense is built around taking low percentage streaky shots, wouldn't you want a dominant rebounder on the floor? Or is the plan to out quick the other team to the rebound? What about stopping other teams from getting easy shots at the rim? What is the point of taking low percentage jumpers only to let the other team take high percentage layups or dunks? I'm not hating. I just don't understand the philosophy over an extended period of games.

There are some benefits

GS did it with their "death" lineup and they were killing niggas

They can run a 5 out with unlimited spacing and lanes for Russ and Harden to get to the cup.

Tucker despite only being like 6'5 is a dog on the glass. There's been jokes about it but it works on both ends.

Niggas don't hoop especially Bill Simmons.

Well the rockets do seem to be playing more free and it’s funny if the rockets win.

I wonder if anybody will try to be a copycat

Regradless of whether we win or lose or if its sustainable in the playoffs......this is pretty much what the final form of small ball is supposed to look like, the good and the bad

The bad is obvious with the lack of size, perimeter defense and rebounding but the benefits stand out too....the spacing has been amazing and Westbrook and Harden have been eating in the play paint

I fuck with AD but something I realized too is I dont think he knows how to "play big" and is an elite wing and help defender masquerading as a big man defensively

Back