Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

I can’t tell man this might be a flash in a pan or this is just teams not preparing for him yet on the scouting report
I haven't heard anyone say that he is doing it on a sorry team yet. ( I hate that argument btw)

It does hold SOME merit though

But not in this case, he’s winning them games and has them exceeding expectations

True but if you are the best player on a shitty team most likely you will be guarded by the opposing teams best defender or even double-teamed at times. I feel like if you can score then you can score on any team. The key is can you do it with fewer touches. Take a guy like Klay Thompson. He benefits while Steph and KD are on the court. Teams ain't putting their best D guy on Klay. So he gets easy buckets at times. Put Klay on this year's Dubs team and let's see if he can consistently score. I watched teams run doubles at fuckin Tony Wroten when he was heating up. lol

I don't know about up and up but they have been a lot better than everyone predicted. I don't think it's sustainable.

Oh DAMN!! they got more wins than the Caw Caw Click!?!
:df:

They play in the east though

I'm sorry, was that a perspective pov?

I'm all seriousness, not sure what's gonna take for things to click in Nola. They, imo, should at least be a couple of games near .500.

But I think people are becoming restless because they haven't had to go through a real rebuild here and don't know how to temper expectations.

I'm still cawing though

I'm all seriousness, not sure what's gonna take for things to click in Nola. They, imo, should at least be a couple of games near .500.

But I think people are becoming restless because they haven't had to go through a real rebuild here and don't know how to temper expectations.

I'm still cawing though
Been meaning to ask. I don't care enough to research but did Zion hurt his knee on a particular play or was it a wear and tear situation. Yall know how I feel about unnecessary dunking. They had that nigga dunking on concrete for them ugly ass Jordan shoes this summer.

They didn’t go through a real rebuild when they traded Paul and had Austin rivers out there and had teams that consisted of AD, aminu, Vasquez, and Ryno and Gordon?

I'm still cawing though

Inuries and schedule aside the Pelicans defense has been beyond abysmal, Im talking just horrible rotations, no communication, wide open lanes, terrible perimeter defense.........this why I think Alvin Gentry is probably going to get fired, not once in his entire career has he shown evidence that a Gentry led team can field a solid-good defense

Hes had teams show flashes of a being a good defense but its never materialized into anything real or sustainable

Been meaning to ask. I don't care enough to research but did Zion hurt his knee on a particular play or was it a wear and tear situation. Yall know how I feel about unnecessary dunking. They had that nigga dunking on concrete for them ugly ass Jordan shoes this summer.
According to everything I've read, he just started feeling pain in maybe the 3rd preseason game. As a precaution, they got an MRI and discovered the meniscus situation.

I just think it was going to happen regardless, but I'm glad they are being extremely careful with him

Inuries and schedule aside the Pelicans defense has been beyond abysmal, Im talking just horrible rotations, no communication, wide open lanes, terrible perimeter defense.........this why I think Alvin Gentry is probably going to get fired, not once in his entire career has he shown evidence that a Gentry led team can field a solid-good defense

Hes had teams show flashes of a being a good defense but its never materialized into anything real or sustainable
Can't argue with this

Was reading last night JJ blew up in the locker room and Gentry was saying this is the quietest group he's ever coached. He said they are like this even when they eat team dinners.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind a nigga like Matt Barnes on the team to at least light a fire up under them and hold them accountable.

You saw AD trying to do that at the end of last year when they sat him out but it seemed.... Disingenuous, but I don't wanna spend too much time on that

But I agree with everything you said

Can't be scoring 115 pts a game giving up 123

They didn’t go through a real rebuild when they traded Paul and had Austin rivers out there and had teams that consisted of AD, aminu, Vasquez, and Ryno and Gordon?
No

At least not by my standards of a rebuild

According to everything I've read, he just started feeling pain in maybe the 3rd preseason game. As a precaution, they got an MRI and discovered the meniscus situation.

I just think it was going to happen regardless, but I'm glad they are being extremely careful with him
I know they gotta keep the fans invested in the season but they really should come out and say an exact date or shut him down. Philly played this game with Embiid and they were almost ready to start turning against him.

Back