Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Yet, if most or all of next season indeed winds up being played in another bubble, missing 41 home dates will cause every team significant financial pain. But given the current patchwork of remedies nationwide as states take different positions on how best to combat the coronavirus, the chance that enough cities will be confident enough to re-open for the kind of high-volume, close-proximity crowds at NBA games is minute. “I’m not so sure there’s going to be one answer for everywhere,” another team executive said. …”I’ve got to think that there’s a whole lot of things that have got to be open and running before they’re going to be worried about professional sports. …We’ve got to figure out how to get people into schools. We’ve got to figure out how to get people back to work and into offices. We’re nowhere near on those kinds of things, much less getting people back into sporting events.”

One owner of a small-revenue team recently was speaking with an executive from a bigger-revenue franchise. The owner told the exec: ‘for a team like yours with a big (local TV) contract, you might be okay with another bubble. For us, unless those guys are gonna take a lot less money, it’s problematic for us.’ “And I’m assuming he’s not alone in that,” the executive said.

Or, it could go for a bigger chunk of the season. “Two months, one month off,” is another variant heard around the league.

– via David Aldridge and John Hollinger @ The Athletic

They always pick and choose which year mvp is the actual best player or narrative based.

Ramona sick for saying it on tv though lol. The wolves on her.

Smh we gotta have Russ to get past okc

Its a long shot but we still might be able to get the 3 seed and play Utah which would be ideal especially right now but yeah....definitely need him against OKC

Now I will say this, I find it very strange that we played him yesterday if he was experiencing any discomfort because frankly he's looked hurt(or has been taking it easy) the whole time we've been in the bubble so maybe this is a little gamesmanship

I don't think he misses significant time but will be somewhere between 80-85% healthy when he comes back

Hopefully

Back