Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Luka arguably had the best season a 20 year old ever had, top 3 for sure, and Zion gets a cover before him without even playing 20 games?

Luka gotta be salty at this.

If I remember correctly he was the cover and feature for nba live mobile... lol... that's probably why.

Soooooooo, what about those hawks next season

source.gif

He’s not though
This might not be the hill u want to die on. Eye test says he is pretty bad, he is also last in the NBA in DRPM by alot. I dont have time to look them up, but i am sure he will be at the bottom or near the bottom of most defensive advance stats too.

U might think he has the potential to be a better defensive player, but this season, he did not give a fuck about defense and was pretty bad at it.

Last edited:
This might not be the hill u want to die on. Eye test says he is pretty bad, he is last in the NBA in DRPM by alot. I dont have time to look them up, but i am sure he will be at the bottom or near the bottom of most defensive advance stats too.

U might think he has the potential to be a better defensive player, but this season, he did not give a fuck about defense and was pretty bad at it.
Did some quick searches for other defensive advance stats and Trae is at the bottom of all of them, but also interesting to find future Heat star Bradley Beal at the bottom of all of them too. I know the Wizards system did not give a fuck about defense this season, but looks like Beal did not even try at all.

Did some quick searches for other defensive advance stats and Trae is at the bottom of all of them, but also interesting to find future Heat star Bradley Beal at the bottom of all of them too. I know the Wizards system did not give a fuck about defense this season, but looks like Beal did not even try at all.
Beal isn’t that bad but yeah he didn’t even bother this season

offensive juggernaut though

him surrounded by butler, Bam, and Crowder in our system will mask any deficiencies but again he’s pretty solid when trying

can’t wait

This might not be the hill u want to die on. Eye test says he is pretty bad, he is last in the NBA in DRPM by alot. I dont have time to look them up, but i am sure he will be at the bottom or near the bottom of most defensive advance stats too.

“Young's defensive liabilities are similar in nature to some of those shown early on by two-time MVP Stephen Curry, who became better at navigating screens, handling switches and having strong off-the-ball defensive instincts as he progressed into a three-time NBA champion.” - USA Today

Negro, please. He JUST was skipping class to go dry hump somebody’s daughter in their living room. Give him some time:lilb:

talking all that trash on that little light skin boy, what NBA team you playing defensive for again??

“Young's defensive liabilities are similar in nature to some of those shown early on by two-time MVP Stephen Curry, who became better at navigating screens, handling switches and having strong off-the-ball defensive instincts as he progressed into a three-time NBA champion.” - USA Today

Negro, please. He JUST was skipping class to go dry hump somebody’s daughter in their living room. Give him some time:lilb:

talking all that trash on that little light skin boy, what NBA team you playing defensive for again??
Dude, fall back. I was the President of the Trae Young fan club before u even knew who the fuck he was.

But if we can't have a honest conversation about his strengths and weaknesses, then what are we doing here. No one is saying he can't get better at defense, but that does not negate the FACT he is very bad right now.

Your pride in your city is refreshing. After living 5 years in Atlanta alot of people just whore this city out .

Nah @toheeb27 is right Trae Young the worst defender in the NBA and he's smaller than Steph so that comparison doesn't really work

Hawks need to find out very quickly what the Collins-Capela tandem looks like which pretty much depends on his jumpshot and his ability to stretch the floor.....if not you have to move before you have to pay him

Cam Reddish, Hunter and Huerter haven't shown enough and I'm not sold on any of then being the wings of the future.......Reddish was arguably the worst player in the NBA at the beginning of the year but he came around late in the season and is probably the one I like the most long term

Hawks also desperately need shooting....were the worst team in the NBA shooting 33%....take away Trae Young and it's even uglier

Back