Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Not that I disagree with yall bout the best of 3, but they trying to find a way to squeeze as many games as possible into the schedule, so they def aint gon try to reduce games in the playoffs

They're trying to find a way to finish the season not play as many games as possible. They get no money on gates. TV contracts already in place.

A play in tourney with the 6 to 10 seed for the 7th and 8th spot would be dope to see.

A healty blazers team with Nurkic back might snatch that 8th seed from a young and inexperienced memphis.
Grizzlies are gonna be fully healthy too though

when we left off Clarke, Winslow, and JJJ were all out

While the blazers have more experience and nurkic idk if that will be enough

Best of 7 in every round started in 2003. There’s no need to do away with it with the NBA trying to recoup money lost.

How are they recouping money lost? Still waiting for someone to explain this to me. They aren't making money off gates. The networks woth deals already in place make the advertising money.

Best of 7 in every round started in 2003. There’s no need to do away with it with the NBA trying to recoup money lost.

*liked the old format better*

Created a sense of urgency for some of these teams in the 1st round...and some of these series get dragged out too damn long w the way the NBA be scheduling this bullshit.

How are they recouping money lost? Still waiting for someone to explain this to me. They aren't making money off gates. The networks woth deals already in place make the advertising money.
Teams are contracted to their regional networks for 70 games minimum per season. If they bypass the regular season then they gonna be on the hook for that bread.

Theres also national tv contracts to account for where networks could reportedly exercise certain clauses to withhold monies. That is reportedly less likely as networks want to maintain good relationships with the league, but is something the league has to consider.

Teams are contracted to their regional networks for 70 games minimum per season. If they bypass the regular season then they gonna be on the hook for that bread.

Theres also national tv contracts to account for where networks could reportedly exercise certain clauses to withhold monies. That is reportedly less likely as networks want to maintain good relationships with the league, but is something the league has to consider.

5 games cover that. I said what I said.

Back