Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

O'Neal blasted the Spurs' five titles on an episode of his show "The Big Podcast" claiming the Spurs 1999 title should not count because it was a shortened season. He also claims he personally wouldn't claim an "asterisk" title since in his opinion it does not count.

I'll tell all of San Antonio to its face - you only have four. It's an asterisk. That's what I think.
I would tell Mr. Duncan to his face you have four rings. It says you have five but the asterisks don't count. In anything I do I never want asterisks about it.
The Spurs' 1999 title is always met with criticism about it being from a lockout-shortened season. However, the playoffs were still structured the same as in seasons past.
The Spurs would go on an incredible postseason run going 15-2 in 1999, marking it the first NBA title in franchise history. Also in that playoff run, the Spurs would sweep O' Neal's Lakers (4-0) to shut down the old Forum arena en route to the championship.
Ultimately, Duncan would finish his NBA career with five titles all with the Spurs while O'Neal would finish with four with the Lakers (3) and Heat (1).

O'Neal blasted the Spurs' five titles on an episode of his show "The Big Podcast" claiming the Spurs 1999 title should not count because it was a shortened season. He also claims he personally wouldn't claim an "asterisk" title since in his opinion it does not count.

The Spurs' 1999 title is always met with criticism about it being from a lockout-shortened season. However, the playoffs were still structured the same as in seasons past.
The Spurs would go on an incredible postseason run going 15-2 in 1999, marking it the first NBA title in franchise history. Also in that playoff run, the Spurs would sweep O' Neal's Lakers (4-0) to shut down the old Forum arena en route to the championship.
Ultimately, Duncan would finish his NBA career with five titles all with the Spurs while O'Neal would finish with four with the Lakers (3) and Heat (1).
Shaq just salty, it was a level playing field for everyone unlike what it would be if they continue this season

Shaq insecure as hell.

His insecurities broke up a potential Orlando dynasty.

Kobe took all the blame for the Lakers breakup but Shaq was just as responsible.

Got shipped outta Miami cuz of his jealousy of D Wade

Phoenix he got shipped out over jealousy with Steve Nash

He almost fought Dan Lebatard and Bomani Jones a few years ago because he didn’t like that they criticized him lol

Back