Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I still be a thug nigga and sleep with a pillow between my legs?

giphy.gif

So, Spotify has an Arab Trap playlist. It's crazy how much even garbage African American music and culture can influence everyone else.

at a certain point we gotta be real about what that means tho

i dont think "the culture" would be so "influential" if it wasnt profitable

imo the majority of this influence we see is common business practices being copied

nigga shit sells, period

at a certain point we gotta be real about what that means tho

i dont think "the culture" would be so "influential" if it wasnt profitable

imo the majority of this influence we see is common business practices being copied

nigga shit sells, period

That's kinda a chicken and the egg type argument though. At some point, Hip Hop wasn't making any money. Then someone recognized it for what it was and put it on. So it could be valid that it wouldn't be influential if it wasn't profitable. That said, you could argue that it wouldn't be profitable if people didn't believe it could be influential.

Goldie a cuddle thug

Not really everyone always gravitates to the stereotypical caricatures of us... They think that these caricatures are "authentically" black

That's not really fair though. It's true that ignant nigga shit seems to get way more shine than it should. It's also true that more stand-up aspects of our culture shine too. For example, the rebellious aspect of Hip Hop has made it popular in Palestine because they see parallels between the black plight in America and their own struggles.

That's kinda a chicken and the egg type argument though. At some point, Hip Hop wasn't making any money. Then someone recognized it for what it was and put it on. So it could be valid that it wouldn't be influential if it wasn't profitable. That said, you could argue that it wouldn't be profitable if people didn't believe it could be influential.

and the message and content changed as SOON as it got recognized and put on

i hear what you're saying....but this started because you saw Arab Trap....there's trap museums......1,000 new lil so and so's every day with face tats and horrible drug problems before they even make any real money

i didnt see conscious rap take off and be copied that way.......I cant even say I ever saw any other culture try to adapt Crunk or Snap and everybody swore that shit was dumb and overly popular and ruining hip hop....but there was no internet craze behind that shit

but trap? EVERY culture's youth wants to be fly guys with jewels and guns and models and they'll spend money on anything that'll bring them closer to being that

hairstyles, fashion trends, dances, etc....imo its never been about stealing a culture they thought was so great....its just about getting in on whats doing good business wise

quick, odd example lol: justin timberlake would stayed the Nsync guy if that stayed cool. But it didnt. aight boom....cut the hair down low, a fade maybe, get some slick dance moves....lots of sliding and poppin and ticking.....sing like Usher.....aaaand we got a whole new career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back