Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Obama - Yall EXTRA "woke" twitter folks aren't real activists (paraphrasing)

You want some pushback? I'll take the bait.

I don't understand the demonization of being "woke" aka aware and concerned. Simply put, I think human beings are victims of conditioning and complacency, because its easier that way

Well, if you're a person benefiting off misinformation it makes sense to demonize being "woke".
The last thing a deceptive person wants is for folks to know they're being deceived.
So of course those deceptive people will try to "kill the messengers"
Sometimes literally.

Plus dominant society caught on to it recently
Then decided to co-op "woke" from black culture and use it all willy nilly.
Like 90% of all the other slang in pop culture today.

You want some pushback? I'll take the bait.

I don't understand the demonization of being "woke" aka aware and concerned. Simply put, I think human beings are victims of conditioning and complacency, because its easier that way

People don't demonize being woke...people demonize those who are and have used it as a come up and money making tool. And also used negatively towards those "Oh ya'll laughing/enjoying *insert random thing here* but it's just because THEY want you to be distracted" types who swear you can't laugh and enjoy life at any point without somehow forgetting the struggles of being black in this world

Thoughts?

this would hold more weight if he wasn’t a former American president. No president is interested in a woke populace. I get it he said action means more than words and that’s all true. But if people really got more woke an active a lot of these presidents wouldn’t be voted for.

he right but like wassaid he didn’t say anything new

no judgement but its interesting this thread isn't getting that super woke outrage traction some of these other threads have received

I mean he said actions speak louder than words not really anybody to disagree with that.

People don't demonize being woke...people demonize those who are and have used it as a come up and money making tool. And also used negatively towards those "Oh ya'll laughing/enjoying *insert random thing here* but it's just because THEY want you to be distracted" types who swear you can't laugh and enjoy life at any point without somehow forgetting the struggles of being black in this world
But what about the common man without a platform who is considered woke? They are frowned upon too just for being skeptical... Like in the Joshua Brown thread there was about 4 or 5 of us who didn't believe the police version of things and we were undermined and criticized by the rest of the folks in the thread who took the police's word as truth. I there's a level of conditioning and "go along to get along" mentality out here..

I don't necessarily believe people demonize being woke in general.. but there does seems to be an attitude of condescension from so-called woke folks that really isn't helpful to anyone imo. Some folks will talk down on those they didn't consider as "woke" as they are and rather than trying to have a dialogue shit just goes off the rails

He's talked it....walked it...has the creds to back it up.

No lie was told in that vid

Last edited:
Agree 100 percent. It’s cool how people can put themselves in the judgment seat against others and speak a few words against them, then poof, like magic, all of a sudden that make them “righteous” or “woke”.

I didn't watch the clip but my TL has been pure garbage lately

I have my issues with Kanye sure, but people, who were probably fucking 6 when college dropout came out were talking about his part on Jesus walks where he was like to the hustlers, dealers, etc... Even the strippers, Jesus walks with them. They were saying , "how can he compare a stripper with a drug dealer"

Like give me a fucking break

About to watch the video

Folks just need to be the change they wanna see, if everyone just walk it like they talk it. Shit would eventual pay off and pay dividends. I think someone made a great point about killer mike one time that cant be unargued. How are you that out of shape and talking about discipline?

giphy-1 (4).gif

Damn near every post/status/tweet is someone on a fucking soapbox aggrandizing themselves by calling someone else wrong for what could legitimately be a human mistake or error. Pulling their bullshit from www.I'mRight.com to justify why it's ok to criticize or condemn someone for doing something that they'd defend if it was someone that looked like them or wore the same color tie as them come election season.

A bunch of self righteous, indignant, emotionally reactionary, elitist, know it alls that don't know shit past their own noses. That's what social media has become. Adults turned children playing games spouting worthless opinions on issues of life, death, freedom, and equality.

I was firmly in the camp with he is trippin.. trying to shield his co pilot

but seeing how these wolf pack fans .. and not just the "Bernie Bros" are carrying on its fucking infuriating it has merit maybe not inthe general fashion he was speaking which centers status quo...

But what about the common man without a platform who is considered woke? They are frowned upon too just for being skeptical... Like in the Joshua Brown thread there was about 4 or 5 of us who didn't believe the police version of things and we were undermined and criticized by the rest of the folks in the thread who took the police's word as truth. I there's a level of conditioning and "go along to get along" mentality out here..

Blame that on the "loudest are usually the most wrong" theory. The loudest "woke" or "hotep" dudes are the ones out here saying all the wildest shit so it automatically turns folks off to people who use those words or claim those titles. I've said before some of the shit those woke/hotep folks say is just pure stupidity and playing on folks insecurities and desire to belong to a group. No worse than a dirty pastor folks complain so much about. You got these idiots out here saying shit like "A woman's menstral cycle isn't natural. Just eat this and stop your period and show the white man how it's supposed to be"...

Woke doesn't mean you believe something far-fetched and not supported by any evidence or even plausibility just because it sounds like the woke thing to say. That's actually just called willful ignorance. It's pretty much the opposite of being woke.

I was firmly in the camp with he is trippin.. trying to shield his co pilot

but seeing how these wolf pack fans .. and not just the "Bernie Bros" are carrying on its fucking infuriating it has merit maybe not inthe general fashion he was speaking which centers status quo...

That's what gets me. He literally said the same shit you see folks talking about alot which is faux activism in the form of just bitching on twitter because you don't agree on every little bullet point they have. Yet because it's the in thing now to shit on Barack of course it's a bad thing to say "How about actually engaging these wrongs in the world instead of running away at the first sign of trouble" he's wrong...

Back