Welcome To aBlackWeb

Oakland Man Upset With Noise From Cars Driving By...Shoots Innocent Woman Driving By

Oakland Police said Wednesday the shooting happened on the 9500 block of MacArthur Boulevard in the city's Castlemont neighborhood at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Officers went to the area after receiving notifications from the ShotSpotter detection system and found a woman suffering from an apparent gunshot wound.

The woman, identified as Bedford, died of her injuries at the scene, police said.

"[Jimmerson] told police he was frustrated by the noise of cars racing up and down his street in the middle of the night," said Price. "He went outside with his rifle and shot at passing cars - hitting and killing Marie Bedford. Today, because of a decision he made in anger, Mr. Jimmerson is facing a sentence of 27 years to life."

Waits for one of the overzealous gun enthusiasts to come explain to us how this could have been done with a knife.

lol I'm mostly kidding, but this is why the proliferation of guns in this country is a problem. There are just too many crazy or dumbass people out there doing wild shit. It sucks that responsible gun owners might have to take a hit, but something has to be done to curb all this bullshit.

Waits for one of the overzealous gun enthusiasts to come explain to us how this could have been done with a knife.

lol I'm mostly kidding, but this is why the proliferation of guns in this country is a problem. There are just too many crazy or dumbass people out there doing wild shit. It sucks that responsible gun owners might have to take a hit, but something has to be done to curb all this bullshit.
:hahaha:

That’s your first thought when coming into a thread like this?

Word?

I wasn't being serious. It was a shot at the people that act like all these gun crimes would happen with or without guns.

Past that. I'm not sure how else I should feel. We get 10 crazy stories about shootings everyday, and nobody seems to want to do anything about it. At some point there's nothing meaningful left to say.

I wasn't being serious. It was a shot at the people that act like all these gun crimes would happen with or without guns.

Past that. I'm not sure how else I should feel. We get 10 crazy stories about shootings everyday, and nobody seems to want to do anything about it. At some point there's nothing meaningful left to say.

crime would indeed happen with or without guns.

You say “nobody seems to want to do something about it” and this is where it gets tricky.

What EXACTLY would you want done about it? This is the part where it gets specific, granular even, and some would say it’s a matter of “semantics”.

In the state of California, they already have an assault weapons ban and very strict gun laws.

In the state of Washington, they recently passed an assault weapons ban that was enacted immediately.

Laws take time to introduce/enact and hey man, we ain’t the people in charge of doing none of this. On top of that, there are more guns than people in this country already. What exactly do you want the government to do about that?

crime would indeed happen with or without guns.

You say “nobody seems to want to do something about it” and this is where it gets tricky.

What EXACTLY would you want done about it? This is the part where it gets specific, granular even, and some would say it’s a matter of “semantics”.

In the state of California, they already have an assault weapons ban and very strict gun laws.

In the state of Washington, they recently passed an assault weapons ban that was enacted immediately.

Laws take time to introduce/enact and hey man, we ain’t the people in charge of doing none of this. On top of that, there are more guns than people in this country already. What exactly do you want the government to do about that?

You're right about actions on the state level. I'm talking about more on the federal level. The problem is bad, and I'm not going to sit here an act like I have the answers. I'll be more specific and say that the people in charge of the country don't really want to do anything, and that's evidenced by the fact that they won't even pass relatively minor gun reform that the majority of Americans actually support. They also wouldn't pass the bill to help out with the mental illness issue, but that's another story.

The thing that really needs to be addressed more is this country's overall gun culture. Not the guns itself but the constant messaging we get that we "need" guns and that it's the 1st go to whenever you're upset.

The thing that really needs to be addressed more is this country's overall gun culture. Not the guns itself but the constant messaging we get that we "need" guns and that it's the 1st go to whenever you're upset.

With all respect good brother BlackRain, where is the messaging or advertising that guns should be the 1st go to whenever one is upset?

Is it in the movies?

Is it in tv?

Is it in video games?

Is it in music?

Good point. Let's ban all forms of entertainment but keep the guns.

Not at all what I was getting at lol

All I was saying is that I’ve personally never seen any messaging that says guns should be your number one go-to when someone is upset outside of those forms of entertainment.

With all respect good brother BlackRain, where is the messaging or advertising that guns should be the 1st go to whenever one is upset?

Is it in the movies?

Is it in tv?

Is it in video games?

Is it in music?
It's all over but normal people can separate entertainment from reality

Back