Welcome To aBlackWeb

NXT Thread (9/17)

Forcing Ilja into the mix just to have Melo take the pin doesnt make any sense. They didnt need this just to build that title match. You could have esaily switched Melo and Trick's roles in the last leg of the match and had Melo take the razor's edge outside.

Ilja coulda just confronted Melo in the ring next week to talk shit. HBK drunk

Add that f

It also gives another reason for the feud
Ngl, this doesn't hold water for me. The finish was silly. They have 2 weeks to build tension with the two of them and having the CHAMPION eat 2 concurrent pins from Finn is nonsensical. Trick could have easily taken that.

Forcing Ilja into the mix just to have Melo take the pin doesnt make any sense. They didnt need this just to build that title match. You could have esaily switched Melo and Trick's roles in the last leg of the match and had Melo take the razor's edge outside.

Ilja coulda just confronted Melo in the ring next week to talk shit. HBK drunk

That too much man. Keep it simple. All you need was a minor interference to spark the bigger story. This officially gives them a reason to start their feud. Cuz Melo NOW has a reason to confront Ilja next week

That too much man. Keep it simple. All you need was a minor interference to spark the bigger story. This officially gives them a reason to start their feud. Cuz Melo NOW has a reason to confront Ilja next week
Melo didnt need to take the pin tho even if you keep the interference.

Ngl, this doesn't hold water for me. The finish was silly. They have 2 weeks to build tension with the two of them and having the CHAMPION eat 2 concurrent pins from Finn is nonsensical. Trick could have easily taken that.

And what would've been that last scene we just saw? Trick arguing with Ilja? Lol. Just b/c you're the champ, doesn't mean you can't catch an L. Pro wrestling history has proven that.

Beside...does Melo taking the pin hurt his status in ANY way? Nope. He's still over af. If anything, this match solidifies it even more he's ready for the main.

/

I doubt they thinkin this far in advance but anything is possible. Melo initially called out Finn and shit led to this tag match we got tonight.

HHH does have a thing for digging back to grab shit that people forget about.. but idk if thats where they going with this because half audience wouldn't know what was going on since they don't watch NXT.

And what would've been that last scene we just saw? Trick arguing with Ilja? Lol. Just b/c you're the champ, doesn't mean you can't catch an L. Pro wrestling history has proven that.

Beside...does Melo taking the pin hurt his status in ANY way? Nope. He's still over af. If anything, this match solidifies it even more he's ready for the main.

They could have still had Melo arguing with Ilya even if Trick took the pin I reckon. You're right about anyone being able to get it, I just think that finish was massively unnecessary, especially if you're having main roster talents pin your champ in home AND away matches. Could have protected him just a lil better imo.

However, if they are using this to set up Melo's first main roster feud then so be it!

Not much to be said about the TM gang and JD exchange, it was great. Don't sleep on Trick, man. I see what they're doing w Von. I don't hate it, but I don't like it. We'll see.

Chase U is over w me including loud ass Thea and her facials. Smash on both kelani and cora. Cora is still green AF and is totally unbelievable in the bad girl character imo. The Bron and Ilja match was dope. That was a tough spear and Ilja always brings it

Corbin will eventually be rewarded. Cool match w Tiff and Ivy. This only the third time I've ever seen Ivy wrestle and I think she's pretty decent. I really love her look and she cleans up well. I find her very smashable w her hair down btw

Gallus' reign has been a snoozer and yeah, this is a stupid stip. I wouldn't be mad at Dom winning the NA title, but Wes is cooking w it rn. Good contest between TM & JD. I wouldn't have had Melo take the fall, but it be like that sometimes

I could see JD being involved on here leading into Summerslam. That shit from last night likely isn't over. I'm thinking we'll get a 6 man tag in the coming weeks. JD vs Melo, Trick and Ilja then after that maybe they start building towards Finn/Melo for summerslam

Yeah that's why I'm not mad at Melo takin the pin.

A lot of top stars always has that one obstacle they need to overcome. That thorn in the side. Finn has become that thorn to Melo. So IF they do to a match b/t those two...especially how Finn was comin at Melo on Tuesday...then a win for Melo over Finn would be that much great. It's the build up.

Back