Welcome To aBlackWeb

NXT Thread (6/25)

I didn't bother to watch simply because some dumb ass dirt sheet had a misleading title and I opened it and saw the spoiler and what was set up next week. Match was prolly good but I just hate big matches especially a hour long match ends in a draw. Go fuck yourself WWE for that.

Saw WWE is eyeing on moving NXT to another night, they already trying to end the tug of war. Prolly best because if I watch one show live, mostly AEW, ill usually just end up not watching the other show and just reading what happened. Would make it easier to enjoy both live but I know the con is NXT and AEW would drag out some of their programming instead of what they been doing by giving us big shows after big shows hence why tv wars are incredible.

I don’t mind this schedule: Raw on Monday, NXT on Tuesday, AEW on Wednesday and smackdown on Friday. No issue with that at all

I didn't bother to watch simply because some dumb ass dirt sheet had a misleading title and I opened it and saw the spoiler and what was set up next week. Match was prolly good but I just hate big matches especially a hour long match ends in a draw. Go fuck yourself WWE for that.

Probably should watch before pre-judging...seems and showed there was a purpose for the "draw"

Especially the way it was choreographed at the end.

Interesting little article i found on Ewrestlingnews.com

WWE Back to School: Superstars Who Should Go to NXT & PC or Graduate

Ready to Graduate: Tommaso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae

What is there left for Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa to do in NXT? That is going to be a running theme with some of these graduates in that they’ve accomplished all their possible goals and are now just spinning their wheels on a smaller platform.

I know both of these guys have stated that they would rather stay in NXT, but I think that will be something they regret in hindsight. NXT doesn’t need them. The entire point of NXT is to build stars up so they can move on to the bigger stage. Having Ciampa and Gargano stick around prevents two more people from getting those opportunities.

It also robs everyone of some amazing feuds. I do want to see Ciampa vs. Randy Orton but I’m not going to get it if he’s forever in NXT. The most we’ll get is one match and some brawls if they happen to line up with the right championship at Survivor Series. That’s not good enough.

Both these guys against Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, etc. Ciampa against Bray Wyatt in some dark feud. Gargano against Dolph Ziggler. I want these matches!

Gargano can be the next Daniel Bryan, but his underdog story needs something to strive for. Winning the NXT Championship again means nothing in comparison to winning the WWE or Universal Championship.

And while you’re moving Gargano up to the main roster, you might as well do the same with Candice LeRae. If she’s not the next NXT women’s champion, she’ll have been on that brand long enough that she should’ve won the belt already and missed the mark. She’s good enough that WWE wouldn’t have to worry about her being called up too fast and not ready for the in-ring work, that’s for sure. If Alexa Bliss and Carmella could come up when they did, so can Candice.

Trade to NXT: Chad Gable / Shorty G
I really hate crapping on Chad Gable, because I’ve been a staunch supporter of his from his “ready, willing and Gable” rally towel days. As part of American Alpha, he was fantastic, and if he were just a little taller or could cut better promos, WWE would have at least made him a midcard champion by now.

But that hasn’t happened. Instead, he’s been Shorty G and his career’s going nowhere with that awful gimmick. He looks ridiculous, he’s a loser whether he’s heel or face and it’s just not working out.

If Gable were to cut this nonsense act and go back to his roots as just Chad Gable and part of the NXT roster, he’d be a big fish in a small pond (short joke unintentional, but appreciated) in a way that he’s virtually never going to be on Raw or SmackDown.

At least in NXT, he could win the North American Championship. I don’t have any faith he will win the United States or Intercontinental any time soon while dressed like a someone’s 1990’s inspired create-a-character in a basketball game

Ready to Graduate: The Undisputed ERA

Echoing similar thoughts to Gargano and Ciampa, what else is there for The Undisputed ERA to do? I highly doubt Roderick Strong, Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish are all going to win the NXT Championship, nor would it be worth keeping Adam Cole down there just to watch all that happen.

And yes, I know full well WWE could mess them up just like everyone else once they get to the Raw and SmackDown creative. But if we keep everyone down in NXT just to avoid that problem, no one will ever be successful like the plenty of others who did turn out okay, like Andrade, Owens, Braun Strowman and so on.

Cole is a guy who could have great programs with tons of people. Fish and O’Reilly need to have matches with The Usos, The New Day, Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura and others. Strong could be just as viable a midcard champion as anyone else on the red and blue brands.

Pull the trigger. If not, we’re just continuing the cycle of Cole fighting for the NXT title with his three pals backing him up on repeat and they’ll never go further than what we’ve already seen.

Back