Welcome To aBlackWeb

NXT Thread (6/25)

Trade to NXT: Bo Dallas
I’ve mentioned this in the past here or there and I’m sticking to it. Bo Dallas should return as part of The Robert Stone Brand, get a repackaging, start to be more serious and become a main event star on NXT.

His only time he could be taken remotely serious was when he was in NXT. Even when he was a comedic character of sorts, he could still win matches. Once he got to Raw and SmackDown, that went out the window and he turned into a complete buffoon.

That was fine for some funny stuff here and there with The B-Team, but that’s no longer a thing. He can’t rely on the Curtis Axel tag team crutch anymore. Both that and Social Outcasts are kaput. Unless he does something drastic like this, WWE will surely just tag him up with someone else and have him continue to job into oblivion.

This is the gift and curse of nxt. It was originally to train the next set of wwe superstars but it got so popular that some wrestlers didn’t wanna leave. I’ve feared wrestlers going from nxt to raw/smackdown because they haven’t been used right (see ricochet). That’s my only issue with that. As long as there’s a plan for them, I’m ok with them moving on from nxt but that doesn’t happen often

I'm sorry but these lil guys on NXT are no bigger than Chad Gable, I can't take them serious on the main roster.

Interesting little article i found on Ewrestlingnews.com

WWE Back to School: Superstars Who Should Go to NXT & PC or Graduate

Ready to Graduate: Tommaso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae

What is there left for Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa to do in NXT? That is going to be a running theme with some of these graduates in that they’ve accomplished all their possible goals and are now just spinning their wheels on a smaller platform.

I know both of these guys have stated that they would rather stay in NXT, but I think that will be something they regret in hindsight. NXT doesn’t need them. The entire point of NXT is to build stars up so they can move on to the bigger stage. Having Ciampa and Gargano stick around prevents two more people from getting those opportunities.

It also robs everyone of some amazing feuds. I do want to see Ciampa vs. Randy Orton but I’m not going to get it if he’s forever in NXT. The most we’ll get is one match and some brawls if they happen to line up with the right championship at Survivor Series. That’s not good enough.

Both these guys against Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, etc. Ciampa against Bray Wyatt in some dark feud. Gargano against Dolph Ziggler. I want these matches!

Gargano can be the next Daniel Bryan, but his underdog story needs something to strive for. Winning the NXT Championship again means nothing in comparison to winning the WWE or Universal Championship.

And while you’re moving Gargano up to the main roster, you might as well do the same with Candice LeRae. If she’s not the next NXT women’s champion, she’ll have been on that brand long enough that she should’ve won the belt already and missed the mark. She’s good enough that WWE wouldn’t have to worry about her being called up too fast and not ready for the in-ring work, that’s for sure. If Alexa Bliss and Carmella could come up when they did, so can Candice.
Champa already stated that he doesn't want to be on the main roster..... as far as Gargano.... he's talented but I feel that he will be misused immediately if called up.... If anybody is worthy of a main roster call up now (mens) it's Damian Preist & Timothy Thatcher.

Champa already stated that he doesn't want to be on the main roster..... as far as Gargano.... he's talented but I feel that he will be misused immediately if called up.... If anybody is worthy of a main roster call up now (mens) it's Damian Preist & Timothy Thatcher.
Yeah did u read it the article states why Ciampa logic is kind of dumb. I've said it before ill say it again, only so much can be done there before it feels more of the same. Ciampa becoming Ciampa again is cool but also feels rehashed. Would be more exciting to see Ciampa go against Orton, Bray, AJ, and so on. Scared to go to the main roster? Let that contract run out and holla at AEW or whatever it is.

Last edited:
This is the gift and curse of nxt. It was originally to train the next set of wwe superstars but it got so popular that some wrestlers didn’t wanna leave. I’ve feared wrestlers going from nxt to raw/smackdown because they haven’t been used right (see ricochet). That’s my only issue with that. As long as there’s a plan for them, I’m ok with them moving on from nxt but that doesn’t happen often

NXT is a safe haven for a lot of these mfs

they know what awaits them on the main roster n i dont blame them one bit for not wanting to go to RAW/SD.

the rosters are bloated but to be fair the same thing will happen to the NXT unless they stop signing people and running it like developmental

they say its the 3rd brand then make it the 3rd brand and dont bring in new people as often.

If i were them i'd also start sending more talent to NXT UK and rebrand 205 live w/ a different name so that other non cruiserweight talent can go there.

they have more than enough shows to move people around

plus they got Evolve. All the new people thats not quite ready could go train at that facility or whatever n we aint even gotta see them on NXT as often. If they just want them to be on tv so people know them then bring back Breaking Grounds.

And also, not every wrestler has to go through nxt. I loved that AJ styles event straight to the main roster when he debuted at the rumble in 2016

And also, not every wrestler has to go through nxt. I loved that AJ styles event straight to the main roster when he debuted at the rumble in 2016
Depends how big you are to the company fan base. AJ was known so a NXT stint wasn't needed. I don't know why they wasted Joe's time going there

Depends how big you are to the company fan base. AJ was known so a NXT stint wasn't needed. I don't know why they wasted Joe's time going there

I enjoyed Joes match with nakamura at takeover Brooklyn in 2016 but he didn’t need to be there

That was supposed to be the plan going forward according to HHH. He said that any talent who signed with the company and had not yet appeared on NXT tv would be eligible to to straight to RAW or SD. Im not sure but I hink a few of those new Evolve signees will be called right up. Some of them are rumored to be w/ retribution. I know 1 of the chicks was an evolve chick for sure

Some talent actually wanna come in and work w/ NXT. I think Joe was one of those. I remember at first he was rumored to be exclusive to that show but I'm happy they moved his ass up. He deserved a main roster run even tho it wasn't as good as it could of been

Ciampa knows he doesn't have much appeal I think he has low confidence in himself which sucks because he was a bad ass the past few years. I never realized how small Ciampa was compared the main roster guys until he was in the ring for those invasions. He was like a twig with a bush on his face. If he doesn't want to go to the main roster then give AEW a run.

Triple H should have him putting people over this far into his NXT run if he wants stay so bad.

Naka needs to go back to NXT and give him back his og theme then go from there. Maybe even have him lead a cliq of asians.

He’s doing ok now as a tag team champion with Cesaro on smackdown. He can’t be hot forever, right?

He’s doing ok now as a tag team champion with Cesaro on smackdown. He can’t be hot forever, right?
He never was hot after AJ feud. Thats WWE fault for booking him trash. I personally don't care for Cesaro(how many teams us he going to be apart of?) and Naka as a team because neither should have to be, both are great single wrestlers.

Ciampa knows he doesn't have much appeal I think he has low confidence in himself which sucks because he was a bad ass the past few years. I never realized how small Ciampa was compared the main roster guys until he was in the ring for those invasions. He was like a twig with a bush on his face. If he doesn't want to go to the main roster then give AEW a run.

Triple H should have him putting people over this far into his NXT run if he wants stay so bad.

5FFEE686-3D1F-4357-9EAA-4E3D2140C256.gif

y’all don’t know these dudes man. relax

Back