Welcome To aBlackWeb

Noname vs ....beyonce??

I dont understand

wouldnt you want positive imagery?

like niggas mad cause we celebrate all black folks as royalty??

what is the problem here

This feels like another smart-dumb nigga complaint that is made legitamate by someone using big words that ends in “ism” and saying problematic every other sentence

I'm so unbothered, I'm so unbothered
Y'all be so pressed while I'm raisin' daughters
Sons of empires, y'all make me chuckle
Stay in your struggle, crystal blue water
Piña colada-in', you stay Ramada Inn
My baby father, bloodline Rwanda
Why would you try me? Why would you bother?
I am Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter
I am the Nala, sister of Naruba
Oshun, Queen Sheba, I am the mother
Ankh on my gold chain, ice on my whole chain
I be like soul food, I am a whole mood

:really?:

B killed yall a year ago

I don’t think it’s hating on African culture but I’ve seen this before like when folks wearing west African clothes with East African symbols. The heart in the right place but things should be done a certain way.

As far as the royalty part I think it’s like how English people feel about the Queen like a reminder of the past as an idea. But we know most monarchs were selfish. But we have so much documentation of royalty from Europeans. So when we finally get a turn we show out. Some dudes will say niggas comes from Negus an Ethiopian world for like a nobleman or king. Faama is a Mande word for the same thing.

I dont understand

wouldnt you want positive imagery?

like niggas mad cause we celebrate all black folks as royalty??

what is the problem here

This feels like another smart-dumb nigga complaint that is made legitamate by someone using big words that ends in “ism” and saying problematic every other sentence

People want positive imagery but they also want it to be realistic I think. Because sometimes what an outsider views as positive trait or part of a culture really isn’t. As far far as no name goes if she one of those who thinks the whole system is bad tear it down and capitalism is trash she will always get push back for it. But people with that POV are usually ok with it. When people say capitalism is bad they mean all of it even if it’s made by us. But again that rarely going to be received well especially right now

Back