Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

1696816567075.jpeg

Based on the acclaimed 2014 short film by Rod Blackhurst and Bryce McGuire, the film stars Wyatt Russell (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier) as Ray Waller, a former major league baseball player forced into early retirement by a degenerative illness, who moves into a new home with his concerned wife Eve (Oscar® nominee Kerry Condon, The Banshees of Inisherin), teenage daughter Izzy (Amélie Hoeferle, this fall’s The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes) and young son Elliot (Gavin Warren, Fear the Walking Dead).

Secretly hoping, against the odds, to return to pro ball, Ray persuades Eve that the new home’s shimmering backyard swimming pool will be fun for the kids and provide physical therapy for him. But a dark secret in the home’s past will unleash a malevolent force that will drag the family under, into the depths of inescapable terror.​

Last edited:
Can't lie, when I used to jump off the high dive as a kid, id be so deep in the pool swimming fast af to the surface thinking a shark or Freddy Krueger was after me. Im like a fucking dolphin when im in the water now though. Majestic as a mf

Can't lie, when I used to jump off the high dive as a kid, id be so deep in the pool swimming fast af to the surface thinking a shark or Freddy Krueger was after me. Im like a fucking dolphin when im in the water now though. Majestic as a mf
Oh so this a movie for guys like you

Panic Pool

PRAISE : There have been haunted mansions,caves,hotels and even sewers but what about the good old swimming pool?
Night Swim takes old folklore of enchanted waters and mixes them up with modern day horror. I thought the mixing of the two worked well in the first hour of the movie.The movie is about a former baseball player Ray Waller moving into a new house with his wife and two children. But there's something off about the pool everyone seems to enjoy.The family dynamic was pretty good.
The movie does provide several jump scares coupled with some good visuals. I enjoyed how sinister the backstory was.

PROBLEMS: The story goes down a couple of predictable paths. I questioned a couple of things the characters did because there's no way in the world a rational person would have entertained such actions. A few of the decisions the family makes were unintentionally funny.
Wouldn't a tragic story that happened in a town be well known without having to Google search it?
I started losing interest as the last twenty minutes played out,except for one good moment that happens.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5

Back