Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Neil DeGrasse Tyson Accused of Raping a Former Student

Is it the same chick? I didn't bother to read yours because I knew this one existed

lol

Old news.

1st tweet was Jan 25, 2016

2nd tweet was Oct 25, 2017

If there was anything to it, we would've heard more about it by now.

Either that or he had to cut a check for their silence.

lol

Old news.

1st tweet was Jan 25, 2016

2nd tweet was Oct 25, 2017

If there was anything to it, we would've heard more about it by now.

Either that or he had to cut a check for their silence.
And the article was written October 2014. Same time as first accusation

Them tweets are old.. if there’s any truth you’d think she’d get the media or law enforcement involved if she so willing to get a tweet out there. Then again who the fuck knows.

I don't know if the shit is true or not. If it is true, then he needs to suffer consequences, but I'm sorry, I just can't ride with these women who throw accusations decades after the fact. If the shit wasn't important enough for you to speak up when it happened even though the man wasn't a tenth as famous as he is now, why is it all of a sudden important enough to bring up when he's got a name.

I bought his new book
Astrophysics for People in a
Hurry.

Its marketed as Astrophysics for Dummies.

I was so fuckin lost after the 1st 5 pages i gave up

:scust1:

I bought his new book
Astrophysics for People in a
Hurry.

Its marketed as Astrophysics for Dummies.

I was so fuckin lost after the 1st 5 pages i gave up

:scust1:

lol Don't feel bad. Astrophysics and cosmology are hard subjects to bring down to earth. The time, distance, and size scales alone are so far from what we typically think about that it's easy to completely lose perspective.

lol Don't feel bad. Astrophysics and cosmology are hard subjects to bring down to earth. The time, distance, and size scales alone are so far from what we typically think about that it's easy to completely lose perspective.

Word. I love watching Neil talk on the subjects & seeing him break it down on Star Talk or Cosmos but when i picked up the book and its had all the math, numbers to another number powered, and scientific elements i was overwhelmed.

Since the downfall of Harvey Weinstein, the movie producer who has been accused of sexual harassment or assault by more than 40 women, people all around the world have come forward to call out abuse by men in power. The most recent name on that list is popular astrophysicist and science communicator Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Last week, a journalist writing for Medium listed Tyson as a “screen celebrity” who had been accused of “rape.” As a fan of Tyson’s activism and writing, and someone who has met him in person (I also quote him several times in my new book, No Sacred Cows), I decided to delve deeper into the allegation and tell the whole story (as it has been reported from both sides).

Who is she?
The accuser is Tchiya Amet, a “musician, healer, and teacher” who says she studied Galactic Astronomy in the graduate program at the University of Texas in Austin and she wanted to become the first black female astronaut. In a blog post in October 2014, she claimed she was a grad student at the same time Tyson was there, and that he drugged and raped her.

Amet said the alleged assault started when she went to his apartment to visit, like she did almost every day.

He offered me a glass of water. I accepted a liquid in a cup made out of a coconut shell. I recall coming back to consciousness briefly, then next thing I remember is seeing him in the hallway the next day. I have lived in this nightmare for 30 years, and it stops today.

I know this will be difficult for many of you to believe, understand or to know. However, know that this is the truth. Those who know me well can attest to the fact that I lived with undiagnosed PTSD of [at] least 25 years.

She also said Tyson was the reason she didn’t further pursue her dream of reaching the stars and becoming a full-fledged astrophysicist, and accused him of telling students they could pass Astronomy 101 if they gave him a blow job.

But if she blacked out and woke up next day how does she know if anything happened?

Back